AMERICAN BREAKFAST CASSEROLE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: TRISH
Categories: Breakfast Eggs
Total time: 1 hours 10 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Yield: 12 servings
|1 (1 pound) package bacon, diced|
|1 sweet onion, chopped|
|6 eggs, lightly beaten|
|4 cups frozen Southern-style hash brown potatoes, thawed|
|2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese|
|1 ½ cups small curd cottage cheese|
|1 ¼ cups shredded Swiss cheese|
|1 cup chopped green bell pepper, or to taste|
|1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies, or to taste|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cook and stir bacon and onion in a skillet over medium heat until the bacon is crisp, 10 to 15 minutes. Drain grease, reserving the drippings.
- Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish with the reserved bacon grease.
- Combine the cooked bacon and onion, eggs, hash brown potatoes, Cheddar cheese, cottage cheese, Swiss cheese, bell pepper, and green chilies in the prepared baking dish; stir to combine.
- Bake in preheated oven until the eggs are set firm, 35 to 40 minutes.
- Let casserole cool 10 minutes before cutting to serve.
Calories 291.6 calories, CarbohydrateContent 10.2 g, CholesterolContent 117.3 mg, FatContent 20.9 g, FiberContent 1 g, ProteinContent 19.6 g, SaturatedFatContent 10.2 g, SodiumContent 696 mg, SugarContent 1.9 g
ULTIMATE GUIDE TO AN AMERICAN BREAKFAST – THE KITCHEN COMMUNITY
Provided by: Cassie Marshall
Total time: 33 minutes
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 3 minutes
|225 g flour|
|2 eggs (beaten)|
|300 ml milk|
|30 g butter (melted)|
|1 tbsp baking powder|
|1 tbsp sugar|
|1 pinch salt|
- Get a mixing bowl (size depending on the amount of mixture you want to create for your pancakes). Add flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
- Make a hole in the center of the pile of ingredients. (Kind of like creating the hole of a volcano).
- Pour the milk, beaten eggs, and melted butter into the hole.
- Mix everything together, until you create a smooth batter.
- Transfer the batter into a jug and let it sit for around 20 minutes. (Having it in a jug will make it a lot easier to pour into the pan when cooking the pancakes).
- Place a pan on the burner. The size of the pan will be the size of the pancake, so choose whichever size you prefer or have available!
- Pour some batter into the pan until it spreads to cover the entire surface. (More batter will result in a thicker pancake, once again, do this to your preferences.)
- Let the pancake cook until it begins to bubble and blister. Then flip it over and let it cook for another minute.
- Serve and add the ingredients of your choosing to enjoy a delicious breakfast!
Calories 233 kcal, ServingSize 1 serving