OLIVE-OIL-FRIED POTATOES WITH AIOLI | MARTHA STEWART
Provided by: Lauryn Tyrell
Categories: Finger Food Recipes
Total time: 1 hours 20 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
|2 pounds russet potatoes (4 medium), scrubbed and cut into 1-inch-thick wedges|
|2 fresh or dried bay leaves|
|1 tablespoon whole cloves|
|1 head garlic, halved crosswise|
|Extra-virgin olive oil, for frying (about 4 cups)|
|Test Kitchen’s Favorite Aioli, for serving|
- Place potatoes in a large pot with 2 quarts water. Add bay leaves, cloves, garlic, and 2 tablespoons salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-high and cook until potatoes are just tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Drain, then spread out potatoes on a rimmed baking sheet lined with paper towels until dry, at least 30 minutes and up to 1 hour.
- Fill a heavy medium pot about halfway with oil; heat over medium until a thermometer registers 350°F. Working in batches, add potatoes and fry, stirring occasionally, until golden and crisp, 10 to 12 minutes a batch. (Return oil to 350°F between batches.)
- Transfer potatoes to a wire rack set inside a rimmed baking sheet; season with salt. Serve with aioli.
BEST PAN FRIED POTATOES RECIPE – HOW TO PAN FRY CRISPIEST POTATOES
Provided by: DELISH.COM
Categories: dairy-free,nut-free,weeknight meals,side dish
Total time: 20 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 0S
Yield: 6 servings
|1 lb. baby potatoes, scrubbed clean|
|1 tbsp. vegetable oil|
|1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil|
|1 tbsp. freshly chopped rosemary|
|1 tsp. garlic powder (optional)|
|1/2 tsp. chili powder (optional)|
|Freshly ground black pepper|
- Slice potatoes into coins about ¼” thick. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oils. Add potatoes and season with rosemary, salt and pepper. Cook, undisturbed, until potatoes are golden and crusty underneath, 4 to 5 minutes. Flip potatoes and cook until golden on other sides, 4 to 5 minutes more.
- Sprinkle with garlic powder and chili powder, and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender, about 2 minutes more. Serve warm.
SWEET POTATO FRIES RECIPE – NYT COOKING
Provided by: Mark Bittman
Total time: 35 minutes
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
|2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled|
|2 tablespoons olive oil|
|1 teaspoon garlic powder|
|1 teaspoon paprika|
|1 teaspoon salt|
|1/2 teaspoon black pepper|
- Heat the oven to 400.
- Cut the sweet potatoes into sticks 1/4 to 1/2 inch wide and 3 inches long, and toss them with
- Mix the spices, salt and pepper in a small bowl, and toss them with the sweet potatoes. Spread them out on 2 rimmed baking sheets.
- Bake until brown and crisp on the bottom, about 15 minutes, then flip and cook until the other side is crisp, about 10 minutes. Serve hot.
@context http//schema.org, Calories 173, UnsaturatedFatContent 4 grams, CarbohydrateContent 31 grams, FatContent 5 grams, FiberContent 5 grams, ProteinContent 3 grams, SaturatedFatContent 1 gram, SodiumContent 365 milligrams, SugarContent 6 grams
How to cook French fries with extra virgin olive oil?
Here is our trick for perfect french fries cooking with extra virgin olive oil. Fry them twice. Start with Russet or baking potatoes. These potatoes have a nice starchy texture and make better fries than waxier potatoes. If you like, peel the potatoes.
What is the best oil to fry potatoes in?
You can use extra virgin olive oil, or to save on cost, you can use refined olive oil or a combination. For the first fry, the objective is to blanch the potatoes.
How do you make fried potatoes more crispy?
Cut the potatoes into the shape you like. Soak the cut potatoes in a bowl of cold water. Soaking keeps the potatoes from sticking together and helps create a crispy exterior. Soak for at least 1 hour in the refrigerator. Drain them before frying.
How do you keep potatoes from sticking when frying?
Soak the cut potatoes in a bowl of cold water. Soaking keeps the potatoes from sticking together and helps create a crispy exterior. Soak for at least 1 hour in the refrigerator. Drain them before frying. Get ready to fry.