CHOPPED CHEESE SANDWICHES | RAYMOND’S FOOD
|2 8" soft rolls (large sausage bun, medium sub roll, etc)|
|1/2 lb ground beef (80/20 (medium) grind)|
|2-4 slices tomato (sliced thin, halved)|
|12-16 pickled jalapeno slices (slices)|
|4 tbsp chipotle aioli|
|4 slices cheddar cheese (the older the better)|
|1/2 cup onion (diced small)|
|1/3 medium green pepper (diced small)|
|4 tbsp butter|
|2 tsp steak spice|
- The Buns
- The Meat
- Making the Sandwich
Calories 815 kcal, CarbohydrateContent 16 g, ProteinContent 30 g, FatContent 69 g, SaturatedFatContent 32 g, TransFatContent 2 g, CholesterolContent 186 mg, SodiumContent 2261 mg, FiberContent 4 g, SugarContent 5 g, UnsaturatedFatContent 21 g, ServingSize 1 serving
CHOPPED CHEESE SANDWICHES RECIPE | YEPRECIPES
Provided by: Frankie
Total time: 20 minutes
|1 pound ground beef|
|1 TBSP olive oil|
|1 medium yellow onion, diced|
|1/2 cup pickled peppers (I used pepperoncini), chopped|
|6 ounces mild cheddar cheese, shredded|
|3 6-inch hoagie rolls, warmed or toasted|
|salt & pepper|
|toppings: mayonnaise, mustard, shredded lettuce, tomatoes|
- 1. Form the ground beef into 3 patties the same size and shape of your hoagie rolls. Generously season the patties on both sides with salt and pepper.
- 2. Heat a large cast iron skillet or griddle over medium-high heat.
- 3. When the skillet is hot add the oil and tilt the pan to coat evenly.
- 4. Add the patties to the pan and cook until well browned on both sides, about 3 minutes per side.
- 5. Top the patties with the onions and peppers. Using a spatula chop the onions and peppers several times into the patties while breaking up the meat. Cook 2 more minutes.
- 6. Top the patties evenly with cheese. Cover the skillet until the cheese has melted then transfer the meat to the hoagie rolls.
- 8. Top with lettuce, mayo, mustard, and tomatoes.
CHOPPED CHEESE SANDWICH RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Soup Loving Nicole
Categories: Cheese Sandwiches
Total time: 25 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Yield: 2 sandwiches
|2 tablespoons stone ground mustard|
|2 tablespoons ketchup|
|4 pickled cherry peppers, stems removed|
|1 tablespoon butter|
|¼ cup chopped onions|
|12 ounces lean ground beef|
|salt and pepper to taste|
|3 slices American cheese|
|2 hoagie rolls, toasted|
|1 cup shredded iceberg lettuce|
|1 roma tomato, thinly sliced|
- Combine mustard, ketchup, and cherry peppers in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until smooth and set aside.
- Melt butter in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and cook until onions are soft and are starting to caramelize, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Form beef into two patties and season with salt and pepper. Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add hamburger patties and cook 5 minutes or until a crust forms on the bottom. Flip patties over and cook 3 minutes.
- Using a wide spatula, break patties up into large pieces. Sprinkle sauteed onion in between the spaces of the hamburger pieces. Layer cheese over the beef, and cook 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Spread reserved mustard sauce on the bottom bun of each hoagie roll. Divide meat mixture between the two sandwiches. Top each with shredded lettuce and sliced tomato.
Calories 803.5 calories, CarbohydrateContent 46.6 g, CholesterolContent 173.4 mg, FatContent 44.8 g, FiberContent 3.9 g, ProteinContent 51.2 g, SaturatedFatContent 22.7 g, SodiumContent 1775.8 mg, SugarContent 9.6 g
How to make a Chopped Cheese Sandwich?
How to Make Chopped Cheese 1 Prepare the Bread Slice hero rolls 3/4 of the way through with a serrated knife. Toast the buns on a large skillet or grill pan. 2 Make the Filling Sauté diced onions until caramelized. Set aside. … 3 Assemble the Sandwich
What is a Chopped Cheese?
A Chopped Cheese is basically a burger turned into asandwich. It starts with beef burgerpattiesand onions, which are chopped up while on the grill into smallpieces.
How to cook with cheese on the stove?
Allow the cheese to start melting into the grooves. Using your spatula, start scraping and kneading the cheese and relish into the chopped meat. Do this until the cheese is melted thoroughly. Turn off the heat and allow the bottom to crisp slightly using the residual heat from the pan.
What is the best way to chop cheese for burgers?
The quality of the bread is crucial to chopped cheese enjoyment. I recommend using the traditional hero bun or hoagie roll which is soft and fluffy on the inside, but slightly crusty on the outside. How to Chop Burgers? The key to chopping your burger patties is to let them cook for a few minutes so they’re easy to cut through.