CARNE GUISADA (LATIN BEEF STEW)
Provided by: Gina
Total time: 60 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 50 minutes
|2 tsp olive oil|
|1 cup scallions (chopped)|
|3 cloves garlic (minced)|
|2 small tomatoes (diced)|
|2 tbsp cilantro (minced)|
|1.5 lb beef stew meat (cut into small chunks)|
|1/3 cup light beer|
|1/3 cup water|
|1/2 tsp cumin|
|1/4 tsp adobo (or salt)|
|1/2 tsp achiote (or sazon)|
|1 bay leaf|
|salt to taste|
|10 oz baby red potatoes (halved or quartered)|
- Stove top:
- Pressure cooker instructions:
Calories 234 kcal, CarbohydrateContent 12.5 g, ProteinContent 34 g, FatContent 5 g, SaturatedFatContent 1.5 g, CholesterolContent 86.5 mg, SodiumContent 276.5 mg, FiberContent 2 g, SugarContent 1 g, ServingSize 1 cup
CARNE GUISADA (STEWED BEEF) RECIPE – NYT COOKING
Provided by: Von Diaz
Total time: 3 hours
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
|2 teaspoons olive oil|
|2 teaspoons white vinegar|
|2 large garlic cloves, finely minced|
|1 teaspoon dried oregano|
|1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste|
|1/2 teaspoon black pepper|
|2 to 3 pounds beef chuck roast or boneless short ribs (see Note), trimmed of excess fat and cut into 2-inch pieces|
|1 tablespoon vegetable oil|
|1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more as needed|
|1 cup fresh sofrito|
|1 tablespoon store-bought or homemade sazón|
|1 1/2 cups low-sodium beef broth (or water), plus more if needed|
|1 (14.5-ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes, chopped|
|3 dried bay leaves|
|1 medium carrot, peeled and chopped|
|1 large celery stalk, chopped|
|1 pound Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and chopped|
|Cooked white rice, for serving|
- Prepare the adobo: Combine the adobo ingredients in a small bowl, or blend in a large pilón or mortar and pestle.
- Prepare the guisado: Pat meat dry and put in a medium lidded bowl or a resealable bag. Evenly coat with the adobo and let marinate for at least 30 minutes at room temperature, or in the refrigerator overnight.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large lidded, heavy-bottomed pot over high. Working in batches as needed to prevent crowding, add beef, shaking loose any additional adobo beforehand. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes, flipping often to brown evenly. Transfer meat to a clean bowl and set aside.
- Lower heat to medium, add 1 tablespoon olive oil and pour in sofrito, adding olive oil as needed if the pan is too dry. Sauté for 5 to 7 minutes until liquid has evaporated.
- Add sazón and sauté for 1 minute. Add the broth (or water), tomatoes and their juices, and bay leaves, and scrape up any browned bits using a wooden spoon.
- Nestle meat into sauce and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low, then cover with a lid and simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Add carrot and celery, and cook, covered, for 1 more hour, adding more water or broth if needed. At this stage, check the tenderness of the meat. It should start to get close to falling apart when pressed with the back of a spoon.
- Add potatoes and cook, covered, for 30 minutes more, until meat and potatoes are cooked through and tender.
- Adjust salt to taste, and serve on a plate or in a shallow bowl over a mound of white rice.
PUERTO RICAN BEEF STEW RECIPE – TABLESPOON.COM
Provided by: Jeannette Quinones
Total time: 2 hours 0 minutes
Prep time: 40 minutes
|2 lb red meat, cut into cubes|
|2 bay leaves|
|1 medium onion, chopped|
|3 garlic cloves, chopped|
|2 cups water|
|6 medium potatoes, cut in half or into cubes|
|2 carrots, cut into cubes|
|1 teaspoon achiote seasoning|
|1 teaspoon oregano, ground|
|1/4 cup fresh cilantro|
|2 coriander leaves, (optional)|
|1/2 teaspoon cumin|
|Salt and pepper, to taste|
|3 tablespoons tomato paste|
- In a large pot, add beef, bay leaves, onions and garlic with 2 cups of water, or the necessary amount to cover the meat. Cook covered on medium-high heat for 2 hours or until the meat is tender.
- Add potatoes, carrots, seasoning, oregano, cilantro, coriander, cumin, salt, pepper and tomato paste; cook uncovered on low heat, for 20-25 minutes or until the potatoes and carrots are tender.
- Serve and enjoy!
ServingSize 1 Serving
CARNE DE RES GUISADA – DOMINICAN BEEF STEW RECIPE | SIDECHEF
Provided by: In the Kitchen with Jonny
Categories: Keto,Budget-Friendly,Low-Carb,Comfort Food,Nut-Free,Dairy-Free,Shellfish-Free,Full Meal,Egg-Free,Winter,Fish-Free,Peanut-Free,Tree Nut-Free,Sugar-Free,Stove
Total time: 3600S
|2 pound Beef|
|4 clove Garlic|
|1 teaspoon Dried Oregano|
|2 teaspoon Chicken Bouillon Powder|
|1 teaspoon Light Soy Sauce|
|2 teaspoon Onion Powder|
|1 pinch Ground Black Pepper|
|2 tablespoon Cooking Oil|
|1/2 Cubanelle Pepper|
|1/2 Red Bell Pepper|
|4 tablespoon Tomato Paste|
|to taste Fresh Cilantro|
- Cut the Beef (2 pound) into 1 inch pieces.
- Juice the Lime (1).
- Crush the Garlic (4 clove) using a garlic press or mortar and pestle. Combine with Dried Oregano (1 teaspoon).
- In a large bowl, add beef and season with Chicken Bouillon Powder (2 teaspoon), Onion Powder (2 teaspoon), Ground Black Pepper (1 pinch), lime juice, Light Soy Sauce (1 teaspoon), and the garlic-oregano mixture. Mix together until all the ingredients are well blended. Marinate overnight for better flavor, but it's not necessary.
- In a large pot over medium high heat, add Cooking Oil (2 tablespoon) and allow to get hot. Add beef and cook uncovered for 5 minutes. Lower heat to medium, give it a stir and cover and cook until the meat absorb its own juices.
- When there are no more juices in the pan, add water 1/2 cup at a time and continue cooking the meat covered until is tender. If the meat is still not tender after it has absorbed the water, continue adding water and repeat until tender.
- Slice the Onion (1/2).
- Slice the Cubanelle Pepper (1/2).
- Slice the Red Bell Pepper (1/2).
- Chop the Fresh Cilantro (to taste).
- Once the beef is tender, add onion, cubanelle pepper and red bell pepper and stir to combine. Add Tomato Paste (4 tablespoon) and enough water to make a stew-like gravy consistency, then stir to blend everything well. Cover and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Turn off heat and stir in Cilantro ( to taste). Serve with rice and enjoy!
Calories 107 calories, ProteinContent 12.2 g, FatContent 5.4 g, SodiumContent 122.1 mg, SaturatedFatContent 1.6 g, TransFatContent 0.1 g, CholesterolContent 39.2 mg, CarbohydrateContent 3.0 g, FiberContent 0.5 g, SugarContent 1.2 g, UnsaturatedFatContent 3.7 g