KFC FINGER LICKIN’ GOOD SAUCE RECIPE | KFC DIPPING SAUCE
Provided by: Todd Wilbur
Total time: 1 hours 5 minutes0S
Prep time: 32 minutes0S
Cook time: 32 minutes0S
|1/2 cup mayonnaise|
|3 tablespoons ketchup|
|2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce|
|1 tablespoon finely minced white onion|
|1 1/2 teaspoons granulated sugar|
|1 teaspoon Dijon mustard|
|1 teaspoon dill pickle juice|
|1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper (tellicherry pepper is best)|
|1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon paprika|
COPYCAT KFC™ ORIGINAL-STYLE CHICKEN RECIPE – TABLESPOON.COM
Provided by: Macheesmo
Total time: 1 hours 0 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
|1 tablespoon paprika|
|2 teaspoons onion salt|
|1 teaspoon chili powder|
|1 teaspoon black pepper|
|1/2 teaspoon celery salt|
|1/2 teaspoon dried sage|
|1/2 teaspoon garlic powder|
|1/2 teaspoon ground allspice|
|1/2 teaspoon dried oregano|
|1/2 teaspoon dried basil|
|1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram|
|1 1/2 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour|
|1 tablespoon brown sugar|
|1 tablespoon kosher salt|
|1 whole chicken (2 breasts, 2 thighs, 2 drumsticks, 2 wings)|
|1 egg white|
|2 quarts neutral oil, for frying|
- Preheat fryer to 350°F. Thoroughly mix together all spices.
- Combine spices with flour, brown sugar and salt.
- Dip chicken pieces in egg white to lightly coat them, then transfer to flour mixture. Turn a few times and make sure the flour mix is really stuck to the chicken. Repeat with all the chicken pieces.
- Let chicken pieces rest for 5 minutes so crust has a chance to dry a bit.
- Fry chicken in batches. Breasts and wings should take 12-14 minutes, and legs and thighs will need a few more minutes. Chicken pieces are done when a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part reads 165°F.
- Let chicken drain on a few paper towels when it comes out of the fryer. Serve hot.
Calories 418.0 , CarbohydrateContent 40.5 g, CholesterolContent 27.8 mg, FiberContent 2.5 g, ProteinContent 15.4 g, SaturatedFatContent 2.5 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, SodiumContent 1495.4 mg, SugarContent 2.6 g