BLACK AND ORANGE HALLOWEEN PASTA RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
Provided by: Melissa Roberts
Total time: 45 min
Cook time: 15 min
Yield: Makes 6 (main course) servings
|2 pounds butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into 3/4-inch chunks|
|2 orange bell peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces|
|4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced|
|1 tablespoon thyme leaves|
|½ teaspoon hot red pepper flakes|
|¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil|
|1 pound black linguine or spaghetti (squid or cuttlefish ink pasta)|
|½ cup pitted Kalamata olives, chopped|
|Accompaniment: grated Parmigiano-Reggiano|
- Preheat oven to 425°F with rack in middle.
- Toss squash and bell peppers with garlic, thyme, red pepper flakes, oil, and 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and pepper in a 17- by 11-inch 4-sided sheet pan. Roast, stirring once, until vegetables are just tender and browned in spots, 25 to 35 minutes.
- While vegetables finish roasting, cook linguine in a pasta pot of well-salted boiling water until al dente. Reserve 1/2 cup cooking water, then drain pasta and return to pot.
- Remove sheet pan from oven and pour reserved water over vegetables, stirring to loosen from pan. Stir in olives, then add vegetable mixture to pasta in pot and toss to combine.
HALLOWEEN PASTA RECIPE – FOOD.COM
Total time: 12 minutes
Prep time: 2 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Yield: 1 pound pasta, 4 serving(s)
|1 lb pasta|
|green food coloring|
|2 tablespoons unsalted butter|
|2 tablespoons all-purpose flour|
|2 1/2 cups whole milk|
|1 teaspoon salt|
|1/2 teaspoon pepper|
|1 cup cheddar cheese|
|orange food coloring|
|1 teaspoon black sesame seed|
- Add 10-20 Drops of Green Food Coloring to the boiling water which you are cooking the pasta inches.
- If you want it more Green, add more food coloring to pasta after you drain it and stir. It will absorb the color and create some darker and lighter strands.
- Melt Butter in a small sauce pan and Add Flour, cook for 1 minute.
- Add Milk and stir/whisk until incorporated.
- Add Salt and Pepper and bring to a boil.
- Stir in Cheese.
- Add 10 Drops or Orange Food Coloring.
- Spoon Orange Cream Sauce over Green Pasta and Sprinkle with Black Sesame Seeds.
Calories 697.2, FatContent 22.2, SaturatedFatContent 12.8, CholesterolContent 60.2, SodiumContent 824.4, CarbohydrateContent 95.4, FiberContent 3.8, SugarContent 10.2, ProteinContent 27.4