BROWN SUGAR AND CINNAMON RICE PUDDING RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Jaja Million
Categories: Rice Pudding
Total time: 20 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
|2 cups water|
|2 cups instant white rice (such as Minute®)|
|½ teaspoon butter|
|⅛ teaspoon salt|
|1 cup milk|
|2 tablespoons brown sugar, or to taste|
|1 teaspoon cornstarch|
|½ teaspoon vanilla extract|
|½ teaspoon ground cinnamon, or more to taste|
- Bring water to a boil in a saucepan. Stir rice, butter, and salt into water until the butter melts. Cover saucepan and remove from heat. Set aside until water is absorbed, about 5 minutes.
- Stir milk, brown sugar, cornstarch, and vanilla extract into the rice; bring to a simmer over medium heat while stirring; cook until the rice has the consistency of loose oatmeal, about 5 minutes. Ladle pudding into bowls and dust with cinnamon.
Calories 246.1 calories, CarbohydrateContent 49.5 g, CholesterolContent 6.2 mg, FatContent 2.2 g, FiberContent 1.1 g, ProteinContent 5.8 g, SaturatedFatContent 1.2 g, SodiumContent 111.6 mg, SugarContent 9.5 g
BROWN RICE SALAD WITH TOMATOES AND SUGAR SNAP PEAS | RECIPES …
Provided by: WEIGHTWATCHERS.COM
Total time: 25 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
|1.5 cup(s) Uncooked instant brown rice|
|1 cup(s) Uncooked sugar snap peas ends snipped, cut into 3 or 4 pieces each|
|1 tsp Lemon zest freshly grated|
|2 Tbsp Fresh lemon juice|
|2 Tbsp Water|
|0.25 cup(s) Dill fresh, chopped, or less to taste|
|2 Tbsp Olive oil extra virgin|
|0.75 tsp Table salt|
|0.5 tsp Black pepper freshly ground|
|1 cup(s) Grape tomatoes cut in half|
|1 cup(s) Cucumber(s) diced|
|0.25 cup(s), sliced Uncooked red onion(s) chopped|
|1 medium Lemon(s) cut into wedges|
- Cook rice according to package directions. Remove pan from heat and drain any excess liquid. Stir sugar snap peas into hot rice and let cool slightly, tossing occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a large serving bowl, whisk together lemon zest, lemon juice, water, dill, oil, salt and pepper until blended. Add rice mixture, tomatoes, cucumber and onion; toss to mix and coat.
- Let rice salad cool to room temperature before serving with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice. Or cover and refrigerate up to 1 day but make sure to bring up to room temperature before serving. Yields about 1 cup per serving.
Calories 78 kcal
MOM’S SWEET RICE CEREAL RECIPE – FOOD.COM
Total time: 6 minutes
Prep time: 1 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Yield: 1-2 serving(s)
|1 1/2 cups MINUTE White Rice|
|1 1/2 cups water|
|1 tablespoon butter, divided|
|1/4 cup sugar (depending on your taste)|
|1/4 cup milk|
|1 dash cinnamon sugar|
- In a medium saucepan — bring water and 1/2 Tbl butter to boil.
- Add rice and stir to combine. Remove from Heat and cover 5 minutes.
- Add sugar and 1/2 Tbl butter, stir to combine.Serve in your favorite cereal bowl, add milk and sprinkle with cinnamon Sugar mixture.
Calories 876.7, FatContent 15.1, SaturatedFatContent 8.9, CholesterolContent 39.1, SodiumContent 133, CarbohydrateContent 170.3, FiberContent 2.7, SugarContent 50.2, ProteinContent 13.3
How to cook brown rice in a pan?
Basic brown rice recipe. Serves 4. 250g brown rice. 500ml water. You will need a medium sized saucepan with a well-fitting lid. Put the rice in a saucepan and pour over the water. Bring to a rolling boil and then reduce the heat to a gentle simmer. Cook for 30 mins then turn off the heat.
How do you use brown rice syrup?
Brown rice syrup is used just like any other liquid sweetener. Add it to drinks like coffee or tea for a little extra sweetness or in any recipe that calls for a liquid sweetener. It can also be drizzled on top of pancakes or waffles, just like maple syrup.
How much Uncooked brown rice makes 3 cups cooked rice?
Servings: 1 cup uncooked brown rice makes 3 cups cooked rice which will serve 3 people. Rinsing rice: only required if you purchased from bulk bins. If you rinse, reduce water by 1/4 cup for baked version. Boil water: Bring water to a boil in a small pot or large saucepan over high heat.
How to cook brown rice for sushi?
There are several varieties of brown rice, each with different cooking times, water to rice ratios, and uses. The stickiest of all brown rice, short-grain is often used for sushi. For short-grain brown rice, use 2 cups of water to 1 cup rice. Let the rice simmer for 40 minutes, and then allow it to rest off the burner for another 10 minutes.