RESTAURANT-STYLE BUFFALO CHICKEN WINGS RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Kelly
Categories: Buffalo Chicken Wings
Total time: 1 hours 20 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Yield: 10 chicken wings
|½ cup all-purpose flour|
|¼ teaspoon ground paprika|
|¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper|
|¼ teaspoon salt|
|10 chicken wings|
|2 cups vegetable oil for frying, or as needed|
|¼ cup butter|
|¼ cup hot sauce|
|1 pinch ground black pepper|
|1 pinch garlic powder|
- Whisk together flour, paprika, cayenne pepper, and salt in a small bowl.
- Place chicken wings in a single layer in a 9×13-inch glass baking dish. Sprinkle flour mixture over top and toss until wings are evenly coated. Cover and refrigerate for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Add about 1 inch oil to a deep, heavy skillet; heat to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). (The oil should be just enough to cover wings entirely.)
- While the oil is coming to temperature, combine butter, hot sauce, pepper, and garlic powder in a small saucepan over low heat. Cook and stir until butter is melted and mixture is thoroughly blended. Remove from the heat and reserve for serving.
- Fry coated wings in the hot oil for 10 to 15 minutes, or until they begin to crisp and turn brown. Maintain the oil temperature while cooking.
- Remove wings from the oil and place on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Transfer wings to a platter and drizzle hot sauce over top; or mix wings and hot sauce in a bowl until coated. Serve.
Calories 907.8 calories, CarbohydrateContent 10.1 g, CholesterolContent 24.4 mg, FatContent 97.4 g, FiberContent 0.5 g, ProteinContent 1.5 g, SaturatedFatContent 17.3 g, SodiumContent 458.8 mg
RESTAURANT STYLE BUFFALO WINGS RECIPE | LAURA IN THE KITCHEN …
Provided by: Laura Vitale
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Yield: Serves 4 to 6
|2 lb of Wings, two sections, drummette and flat wing only|
|1/2 cup of All Purpose Flour|
|1/2 cup of Potato Starch|
|1 tsp of Granulated Garlic|
|1/2 tsp of Paprika|
|1/2 tsp of Granulated Onion|
|Salt and Pepper to taste|
|Oil for frying|
|1/2 cup of Hot Sauce, I use Frank Classic Hot Sauce|
|2 Tbsp of Butter|
|2 Cloves of Garlic, peeled (you can chop it fine it you don�t mind pieces of garlic throughout)|
|1 tsp of Worcestershire Sauce|
- 1) In a bowl, whisk together the flour, potato starch, garlic, paprika, onion, salt and pepper, set aside.
2) Dredge the each wing well in the flour mixture and set aside on a plate for about 15 minutes. In the meantime add enough oil to a heavy bottomed skillet with high sides to come half way up the sides of the pan, preheat it to 330 degrees.
3) Working in batches, cook the wings at that temperature (make sure the temperature of the oil stays around 325-330 the whole time) for about 3 minutes on each side (at this point they will be quite blonde in color and not crispy yet so don�t panic) remove them to a paper towel lined plate and once you�re all done, increase the heat to 375 degrees.
4) Working in batches once again, now start frying the wings at that high temperature for a few minutes on each side or until deeply golden brown and crispy, in the meantime, add the hot sauce, garlic, Worcestershire and butter in a small saucepan and cook it on really low while you cook the wings.
5) Once all the wings have had their second fry, toss with the hot sauce, allow them to sit for just a couple minutes then dig in!
HOW TO MAKE CRISPY BAKED BUFFALO CHICKEN HOT WINGS
Provided by: Adam and Joanne Gallagher
Total time: 1 hours 0 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Yield: Makes 2 to 3 servings
|1 pound chicken wings, separated at joints, tips discarded|
|4 tablespoons unsalted butter|
|1/3 cup hot pepper hot sauce (suggested brand: Frank’s Red Hot)|
|1/2 teaspoon garlic powder|
|Celery, for serving|
|1/2 cup sour cream|
|1/2 cup mayonnaise|
|6 ounces crumbled blue cheese|
|1 tablespoon minced parsley|
|Salt and fresh ground pepper|
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Set a wire rack inside a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Season wings with salt. Spread out in one layer on wire rack. Bake until cooked through and crispy, 35 to 45 minutes.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Remove saucepan from the heat, and then stir in hot sauce and garlic powder. Season with salt, to taste.
- Toss the baked chicken wings in the sauce and serve with celery and blue cheese dip.
- Stir mayonnaise, sour cream, blue cheese, and parsley together in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
ServingSize 1/2 the recipe, Calories 487, ProteinContent 29 g, CarbohydrateContent 0 g, FiberContent 0 g, SugarContent 0 g, FatContent 41 g, SaturatedFatContent 20 g, CholesterolContent 222 mg