BEST BUTTER BEANS RECIPE – HOW TO MAKE BUTTER BEANS
Provided by: THEPIONEERWOMAN.COM
Categories: Fourth of July,Summer,lunch,side dish
Total time: 45 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 0S
Yield: 4-6 servings
|4 slices thick-cut bacon|
|1 small yellow onion, chopped|
|2 tbsp. salted butter|
|2 tbsp. granulated sugar|
|1 lb. fresh or frozen shelled butterbeans|
|1 1/2 tsp. kosher salt|
|1/2 tsp. ground black pepper|
- Cook the bacon over medium heat until browned and crispy in a medium saucepan or small Dutch oven, about 7 minutes. Remove from the pan using a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add the onion to the bacon drippings. Cook stirring occasionally, until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the butter, sugar, and butterbeans to the pan. Cook, stirring to coat the butterbeans.
- Add the salt, pepper, and 3 cups hot water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer gently until the butterbeans are very tender, about 30 minutes.
- Top the butterbeans with the reserved bacon just before serving.
WHIPPED PUMPKIN BUTTER — LET’S DISH RECIPES
Provided by: Danelle
Total time: 10 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
|1 cup butter, softened|
|1/4 cup pumpkin puree|
|1/4 cup powdered sugar|
|1 tablespoon honey|
|1 teaspoon ground cinnamon|
|1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg|
|1/8 teaspoon ground cloves|
- Using an electric mixer, whip butter on high speed until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Add pumpkin and mix well. Add remaining ingredients and beat to combine.
- Store covered, in an airtight container.
Calories 152 calories, CarbohydrateContent 4 grams carbohydrates, CholesterolContent 41 milligrams cholesterol, FatContent 15 grams fat, FiberContent 0 grams fiber, ProteinContent 0 grams protein, SaturatedFatContent 10 grams saturated fat, ServingSize 1, SodiumContent 122 milligrams sodium, SugarContent 4 grams sugar, TransFatContent 1 grams trans fat, UnsaturatedFatContent 5 grams unsaturated fat