HAIRY BIKERS’ CORNISH PASTY RECIPE | GOODTO
Provided by: Hairy Bikers
Categories: Lunch, Packed lunch
Total time: 1 hours 10 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 50 minutes
Yield: Serves: 6
|450g plain flour|
|2tsp baking powder|
|125g unsalted butter|
|2 egg yolks|
|125ml cold water|
- To make the shortcrust pastry: Place the flour, baking powder, salt, butter, and egg yolks into a food processor and blitz until the mixture forms crumbs. Slowly add the water until a ball of pastry miraculously appears – you may not need all the water. Wrap the pastry in clingfilm and leave it to chill in the fridge for an hour.
- To prepare the Cornish pasty filling: Preheat the oven to 180°C (gas mark 4). Roll out the pastry to the thickness you like, but be careful not to tear it. Using a dinner plate as a template, cut out 6 discs of pastry.
- Season the vegetables separately with salt and black pepper. Put the beef into a bowl and mix with the flour and some salt and pepper. Place some potatoes, swede, onions, and beef on one half of the circle, leaving a gap around the edge. Dot with butter. Brush around the perimeter of the pastry circle with the beaten egg, then fold the pastry over the vegetables and meat and seal firmly. Starting at one side, crimp the edges over to form a sealed D-shaped pasty. Brush the whole pasty with a beaten egg, then make a steam hole in the center with a sharp knife.
- Repeat to make the other pasties. Put the pasties in the oven and cook for 50 mins until they are crispy and golden and the filling is cooked through. Leave them to rest for 5-10 mins before eating.
@context https//schema.org, Calories 614 Kcal, SugarContent 3 g, FatContent 27 g, SodiumContent 5.9 g, ProteinContent 24 g, CarbohydrateContent 69 g
CORNISH PASTY RECIPE | BBC GOOD FOOD
Provided by: Sara Buenfeld
Total time: 1 hours 20 minutes
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 55 minutes
Yield: Makes 4
|125g chilled and diced butter|
|500g plain flour, plus extra|
|1 egg, beaten|
|350g beef skirt or chuck steak, finely chopped|
|1 large onion, finely chopped|
|2 medium potatoes, peeled, thinly sliced|
|175g swede, peeled, finely diced|
|1 tbsp freshly ground black pepper|
- Rub the butter and lard into the flour with a pinch of salt using your fingertips or a food processor, then blend in 6 tbsp cold water to make a firm dough. Cut equally into 4, then chill for 20 mins.
- Heat oven to 220C/fan 200C/gas 7. Mix together the filling ingredients with 1 tsp salt. Roll out each piece of dough on a lightly floured surface until large enough to make a round about 23cm across – use a plate to trim it to shape. Firmly pack a quarter of the filling along the centre of each round, leaving a margin at each end. Brush the pastry all the way round the edge with beaten egg, carefully draw up both sides so that they meet at the top, then pinch them together to seal. Lift onto a non-stick baking tray and brush with the remaining egg to glaze.
- Bake for 10 mins, then lower oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4 and cook for 45 mins more until golden. Great served warm.
Calories 1174 calories, FatContent 68 grams fat, SaturatedFatContent 35 grams saturated fat, CarbohydrateContent 114 grams carbohydrates, SugarContent 7 grams sugar, FiberContent 6 grams fiber, ProteinContent 34 grams protein, SodiumContent 1.96 milligram of sodium
SLIMMING WORLD PASTIES IN AIR FRYER – RECIPE THIS
Provided by: RecipeThis.com
Categories: Main Course
Total time: 25 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
|3 Weight Watchers Tortilla Wraps|
|5 Small Potatoes|
|¼ Medium White Onion|
|1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
|1 Tbsp Fromage Frais|
|28 g Grated Cheddar Cheese|
|1 Tsp Mixed Herbs|
|Salt & Pepper|
|Cosori Air Fryer|
- Peel and dice your potatoes into small chunks. Peel and thinly dice your onion. Load both into a mixing bowl with extra virgin olive oil and mixed herbs and salt and pepper. Mix with your hands and then place in the air fryer.
- Air fry for 12 minutes at 180c/360f and check with a fork when it beeps that your potatoes are soft.
- Place the potatoes and onions back into the bowl with all the other ingredients including the Greek yoghurt. Mix with a fork.
- Place a single Weight Watchers Wrap onto a clean worktop and then place the bottom of the pasty maker over it and cut out your circle. Then do this again and again until you have enough tortilla pasty circles.
- Then once you are done making the circles place one at a time into your pasty cutter with some egg wash.
- Load the filling into one half of the pasty, making sure you don’t overfill it. Push down, making sure it creates the beautiful pasty pattern.
- Then place foil in the air fryer basket and cover the tops of the pasties with egg wash.
- Air fry for 8 minutes at 200c/400f before serving. You can then rinse and repeat until have made all your pasties.
Calories 272 kcal, CarbohydrateContent 25 g, ProteinContent 9 g, FatContent 15 g, SaturatedFatContent 5 g, CholesterolContent 15 mg, SodiumContent 400 mg, FiberContent 1 g, SugarContent 3 g, UnsaturatedFatContent 10 g, ServingSize 1 serving