CAROLINA RICE PUDDING WITH MIXED CITRUS RECIPE | BON APPÉTIT
Provided by: The Ordinary, Charleston, SC
Yield: 4 servings
|5 cups whole milk|
|1 cup Carolina Gold rice or long-grain white rice|
|½ cup sugar|
|1 3-inch cinnamon stick|
|1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise|
|1½ pound mixed citrus (such as oranges, grapefruit, and/or clementines)|
|2 large egg yolks|
|¼ teaspoon kosher salt|
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Add rice and cook until slightly softened, 6–8 minutes; drain.
- Combine milk, rice, sugar, and cinnamon stick in a medium saucepan. Scrape in seeds from vanilla bean and add pod; bring to a simmer over medium-high. Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring and scraping bottom of pot often to keep rice from sticking, until rice is tender and mixture thickens and is soft and creamy, 30–35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, working one at a time, cut all peel and white pith from citrus; discard. Working over a medium bowl, cut along sides of membranes to release segments into bowl; discard membranes.
- Remove pudding from heat; discard cinnamon stick and vanilla pod. Add yolks and salt and whisk vigorously until combined. Let cool slightly.
- Divide pudding among small bowls and top with citrus segments.
- Do Ahead: Pudding (without citrus) can be made 2 days ahead. Cover with plastic wrap, pressing directly onto surface, and chill.
RACHEL’S CREAMY RICE PUDDING RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Rachel Sitar Tubbs
Categories: Rice Pudding
Total time: 45 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Yield: 12 servings
|2 quarts whole milk, or more as needed|
|1 cup Carolina gold rice|
|1 cup white sugar|
|2 eggs, at room temperature|
|1 cup raisins, or to taste|
|1 teaspoon vanilla extract|
- Place milk, rice, and sugar in a large pot. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until rice is tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Beat eggs in a bowl. Add a small amount of the rice mixture to the eggs to temper them. Pour mixture into the pot; add raisins and vanilla extract. Let cook until thickened, 15 to 20 minutes more. Add more milk if pudding gets too thick. Pour into a serving bowl and sprinkle cinnamon on top.
Calories 271.2 calories, CarbohydrateContent 47.4 g, CholesterolContent 43.5 mg, FatContent 6.2 g, FiberContent 0.8 g, ProteinContent 7.7 g, SaturatedFatContent 3.3 g, SodiumContent 77.7 mg, SugarContent 32.3 g
CAROLINA RICE PUDDING | RECIPES | WW USA
Provided by: WEIGHTWATCHERS.COM
Total time: 80 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 60 minutes
Yield: 15 servings
|4 cup(s) Plain unsweetened almond milk|
|12 oz Low-fat evaporated milk canned|
|1 cup(s) Uncooked white rice Carolina Gold rice (or Arborio or other short grain rice)|
|0.5 cup(s) Packed light brown sugar|
|1 Tbsp Vanilla extract|
|1 tsp Ground cinnamon|
|1 tsp Kosher salt|
|2 large Uncooked egg yolk(s)|
|1 medium Peach(es) Sliced, (preferably Georgia peaches), for topping|
- In medium saucepan, add 4 cups almond milk, evaporated milk, rice, brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture starts to foam and steam. Reduce heat to low. Cover with lid slightly ajar and cook, stirring every 5 minutes or so, until mixture is thickened and rice is soft and cooked completely, about 40 minutes. Stir in egg yolks (if using). Serve pudding warm or chilled. Just before serving, drizzle with almond milk and top with sliced peaches.
- Serving size: 1/3 cup
Calories 81 kcal
CREAMIEST RICE PUDDING RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Bonnie
Categories: Rice Pudding
Total time: 8 hours 0 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 1 hours 15 minutes
Yield: 1 – 9×13 inch dish
|½ gallon milk|
|1 cup white sugar|
|1 cup uncooked long-grain white rice|
|3 eggs, lightly beaten|
|¼ cup milk|
|¼ teaspoon salt|
|2 teaspoons vanilla extract|
|ground cinnamon to taste|
- In a large saucepan over medium-low heat, combine 1/2 gallon milk, sugar and rice. Simmer, covered, 1 hour, stirring frequently. Remove pan from heat and let rest 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine eggs, 1/4 cup milk, salt and vanilla. Stir into rice mixture and return pot to low heat, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes. Pour into a 9×13 inch dish and cover with plastic wrap, folding back the corners to allow the steam to escape.
- When pudding has cooled to room temperature, remove plastic wrap and sprinkle surface of pudding with cinnamon. Cover tightly (with fresh wrap) and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight before serving.
Calories 227.9 calories, CarbohydrateContent 37.7 g, CholesterolContent 59.8 mg, FatContent 4.7 g, FiberContent 0.2 g, ProteinContent 8.3 g, SaturatedFatContent 2.5 g, SodiumContent 134.8 mg, SugarContent 24.7 g