THE CLASSIC BURGER RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Provided by: Linda Lau Anusasananan
Total time: 30 minutes
Yield: Makes 4 servings
|1 pound ground lean (7% fat) beef|
|1 large egg|
|½ cup minced onion|
|¼ cup fine dried bread crumbs|
|1 tablespoon Worcestershire|
|1 or 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced|
|About 1/2 teaspoon salt|
|About 1/4 teaspoon pepper|
|4 hamburger buns (4 in. wide), split|
|About 1/4 cup mayonnaise|
|About 1/4 cup ketchup|
|4 iceberg lettuce leaves, rinsed and crisped|
|1 firm-ripe tomato, cored and thinly sliced|
|4 thin slices red onion|
- In a bowl, mix ground beef, egg, onion, bread crumbs, Worcestershire, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper until well blended. Divide mixture into four equal portions and shape each into a patty about 4 inches wide.
- Lay burgers on an oiled barbecue grill over a solid bed of hot coals or high heat on a gas grill (you can hold your hand at grill level only 2 to 3 seconds); close lid on gas grill. Cook burgers, turning once, until browned on both sides and no longer pink inside (cut to test), 7 to 8 minutes total. Remove from grill.
- Lay buns, cut side down, on grill and cook until lightly toasted, 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Spread mayonnaise and ketchup on bun bottoms. Add lettuce, tomato, burger, onion, and salt and pepper to taste. Set bun tops in place.
Calories 480 calories, CarbohydrateContent 37 g, CholesterolContent 127 mg, FatContent 23 g, FiberContent 2.4 g, ProteinContent 31 g, SaturatedFatContent 5.6 g, SodiumContent 978 mg
JUICIEST HAMBURGERS EVER RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Jane
Categories: BBQ & Grilled Beef Burgers
Total time: 35 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
|2 pounds ground beef|
|1 egg, beaten|
|¾ cup dry bread crumbs|
|3 tablespoons evaporated milk|
|2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce|
|⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
- Preheat a grill for high heat.
- Mix the ground beef, egg, bread crumbs, evaporated milk, Worcestershire sauce, cayenne pepper, and garlic in a large bowl using your hands. Form the mixture into 8 hamburger patties.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Grill patties until browned and no longer pink, about 5 minutes per side.
Calories 288.1 calories, CarbohydrateContent 9.1 g, CholesterolContent 95.5 mg, FatContent 17.8 g, FiberContent 0.5 g, ProteinContent 21.5 g, SaturatedFatContent 7 g, SodiumContent 196.3 mg, SugarContent 1.7 g
GRUYERE AND EGG BURGERS RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Provided by: Taste of Home
Total time: 50 minutes
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Yield: 8 servings.
|1/2 cup mayonnaise|
|2 garlic cloves, minced|
|1 teaspoon lemon juice|
|1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest|
|2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)|
|1 tablespoon stone-ground mustard|
|1 tablespoon olive oil|
|1 teaspoon dried thyme|
|1/2 teaspoon salt|
|1/2 teaspoon pepper|
|8 slices Gruyere or aged Swiss cheese|
|8 mini pretzel buns, split|
|2 tablespoons butter|
|8 large eggs|
|2 medium tomatoes, sliced|
|Additional stone-ground mustard, optional|
- Whisk mayonnaise, garlic, lemon juice and lemon zest until blended. Refrigerate., For burgers, combine the next six ingredients, mixing lightly but thoroughly (do not overmix). Shape into eight patties. Grill, covered, over medium direct heat until a thermometer reads 160°, 5-7 minutes on each side. Top with cheese; grill, covered, until cheese is melted, 1-2 minutes longer. Place burgers on bun bottoms. Keep warm., Melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat in each of two large skillets (on grill or stovetop). Break eggs, one at a time, into a custard cup or saucer, then gently slide into pans. Immediately reduce heat to low. To prepare eggs sunny-side up, cover pan and cook until yolks thicken but are not hard. To make basted eggs, spoon butter in pan over eggs while cooking. For over-easy, carefully turn eggs to cook both sides but do not cover pan., To serve, spread mayonnaise mixture over bun tops. Add arugula, tomatoes and, if desired, additional mustard to burgers. Top with fried eggs. Replace bun tops.
Calories 595 calories, FatContent 38g fat (13g saturated fat), CholesterolContent 289mg cholesterol, SodiumContent 729mg sodium, CarbohydrateContent 23g carbohydrate (3g sugars, FiberContent 1g fiber), ProteinContent 39g protein.
EGG-IN-A-HOLE BURGER RECIPE
Provided by: DELISH.COM
Categories: Barbeque,Fourth of July,Summer,lunch,main dish
Total time: 30 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
|1 lb. ground beef|
|Freshly ground black pepper|
|2 tbsp. butter|
|4 large eggs|
|4 slices cheddar cheese|
|3 tbsp. mayonnaise|
|1 tbsp. Sriracha|
|4 hamburger buns, split and toasted|
|8 slices bacon, cooked|
|3 leaves lettuce|
- Form beef into 3 equal-size patties. Using a small glass, cut out center of each patty to create a donut shape; combine excess meat to form a fourth patty and cut out center. Season patties generously with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add patties and cook 2 minutes, then flip. Crack an egg into center of each, season with salt and pepper, cover, and cook until egg whites are set, about 5 minutes more. Top with cheddar cheese and cover with lid to let melt, 1 minute.
- In a small bowl, stir together mayonnaise and Sriracha. Spread on toasted buns.
- Serve burgers on toasted buns with cooked bacon and lettuce.
EGG-STUFFED HAMBURGERS | TASTEMADE
Provided by: Tastemade
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
|1/2 pound ground beef|
|1 tablespoon panko breadcrumbs|
|1 tablespoon milk|
|Salt and pepper, to taste|
|1 slice cheddar cheese|
|2 lettuce leaves|
|1 tomato slice|
|2 tablespoons mayonnaise|
|2 tablespoons mustard|
- Place all patty ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Shape mixture into a patty and place in a frying pan, forming a hole for the egg in the middle.
- Place the egg in the hole and cook over medium heat.
- Once cooked, flip it over, cover and continue to cook for about 5 minutes. Add cheddar cheese and cook until melted.
- Transfer patty to a bun and top with mustard, mayonnaise, lettuce and tomato.
How to make egg topped bacon cheeseburgers?
Let’s make Egg Topped Bacon Cheeseburgers We’ll start with those jammy sautéed onions. Heat the oil in a nonstick skillet and add the sliced onions. Once the onions begin to soften, add the salt, brown sugar, and vinegar. Cook until browned and caramelized, stirring frequently. Combine the ground meat and seasonings. Mix lightly with your hands.
How do you fry eggs for burgers?
While burgers are cooking you will want to fry your eggs either on a skillet on the stove or on the grill. Heat a pan with 2 Tbsp butter over medium high heat. When the butter foams, break the eggs into the pan, spacing them about 2 inches apart. Reduce the heat to low and season the eggs with salt and pepper.
What is the best way to cook a Burger?
Grilled burgers with an egg on top are the best kind of burgers. Cook time is spot on for the burgers but the eggs did need a couple more minutes. They mayo does help the cheese stay in place but it and the lettuce still fall out all over the place.
Should eggs be cooked before or after Burgers?
Cook the eggs as the burgers cooked, being careful to keep the yolks runny! If you’re using yourcast iron skillet and not a grill, heat it until it is hot before adding the burgers to the pan. More Burger Love Thai Turkey Burgers with Spicy Carrot Sauce