CHICKEN, POTATO & GREEN BEAN CURRY RECIPE | BBC GOOD FOOD
Provided by: Good Food team
Categories: Dinner, Main course
Total time: 40 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
|1 tbsp sunflower oil|
|1 onion , chopped|
|6 chicken thigh fillets, cubed|
|2 potatoes , cut into small cubes|
|2 tbsp mild curry paste|
|500g tomato passata (or whizz up a 400g can plum tomatoes with 100ml water until smooth)|
|200g fine green beans|
|150g pot natural yogurt (use full-fat to avoid curdling)|
|plain rice or naan bread , to serve|
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and cook the onion and chicken together over a medium heat for 5 mins until the onion is soft.
- Add the potatoes, curry paste and passata, bring to the boil, then cover and gently simmer for 15 mins. Add the beans and a splash of water and cook for 10-15 mins more until all the vegetables are tender and the chicken is cooked through. Remove from the heat and stir in the yogurt. Serve with rice or naan.
Calories 333 calories, FatContent 10 grams fat, SaturatedFatContent 3 grams saturated fat, CarbohydrateContent 26 grams carbohydrates, SugarContent 10 grams sugar, FiberContent 3 grams fiber, ProteinContent 36 grams protein, SodiumContent 1.34 milligram of sodium
CHICKEN CURRY WITH GREEN BEANS – HEART MATTERS MAGAZINE
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
|2 teaspoons sunflower oil|
|1 small onion finely chopped|
|1cm (1/2in) piece fresh root ginger peeled and finely chopped|
|1 clove garlic crushed|
|4-5 teaspoons medium curry powder (or paste)|
|4 skinless boneless chicken thigh fillets (about 300g/10 1/2 oz total weight) cut into bite-sized pieces|
|100ml (3 1/2fl oz) chicken stock|
|4 tablespoons reduced-fat creme fraiche|
|1 teaspoon tomato puree|
|Freshly ground black pepper to taste|
|100g (3 1/2 oz) green beans trimmed and halved or cut into 4cm (1 1/2 in) lengths|
|20g (3/4oz) ground almonds|
|Chopped fresh coriander to garnish (optional)|
Heat sunflower oil in a non-stick saucepan. Add onion, fresh ginger and garlic; cook gently for about 5 minutes or until onion begins to soften, stirring occasionally. Stir in curry powder; cook for 1 minute, stirring. Add chicken; cook over a medium heat for about 5 minutes or until chicken is lightly coloured all over, stirring occasionally.
Stir in stock, creme fraiche, tomato puree and black pepper. Bring to the boil, stirring; reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in green beans; cover and cook for a further 10-15 minutes or until chicken and beans are cooked and tender, stirring occasionally.
Stir in ground almonds; simmer, uncovered, for 1 -2 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Garnish with chopped coriander, if desired. Serve with cooked rice.
For a stronger curry flavour, use a hot curry powder or curry paste o your choice and add to taste.
Skinless, boneless chicken breast fillets or turkey thigh meat can be substituted for the chicken thigh fillets, if desired.
Calories 392 calories, CarbohydrateContent 6.7 g of carbohydrate, FatContent 21 g of fat, SaturatedFatContent 6 g of saturated fat, SodiumContent 0.7 milligrams of salt
CHICKEN AND GREEN BEAN STIR-FRY RECIPE | BON APPÉTIT
Provided by: Chris Morocco
Yield: 2 servings
|2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced|
|1 Tbsp. soy sauce|
|1 Tbsp. white miso|
|1 tsp. curry powder|
|1 tsp. finely grated ginger|
|3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided|
|1 lb. skinless, boneless chicken breasts|
|¼ tsp. sugar|
|12 oz. trimmed string beans, sugar snap peas, and/or snow peas|
|½ cup fresh or frozen baby peas, thawed|
|2 scallions, thinly sliced|
- Mix garlic, soy sauce, miso, curry powder, ginger, and 1 Tbsp. oil in a small bowl; set aside.
- Slice chicken breasts crosswise into ½”-thick strips. Season with salt and sprinkle with sugar. Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high. Cook chicken in a single layer, undisturbed, until well browned, 2–3 minutes. Turn and continue to cook just until exterior of chicken is opaque (it won’t be cooked through and the second side won’t get much if any color, and that is fine!), about 30 seconds longer. Transfer to a plate.
- Cook beans and remaining 1 Tbsp. oil in same skillet over medium-high heat, tossing often, until beans are bright green and lightly charred in spots, about 2 minutes. Transfer to plate with chicken. Reduce heat to medium. Add reserved curry paste and cook, stirring constantly, until paste darkens and garlic softens, about 1 minute. Add peas and ½ cup water. Return chicken and beans to skillet and cook, tossing occasionally, until sauce is reduced by more than half and thickens, 2–3 minutes.
- Transfer chicken and vegetables to a platter. Top with scallions.
GREEN BEAN CURRY RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: AlliePeacock
Categories: Green Bean Side Dishes
Total time: 45 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
|1 tablespoon vegetable oil|
|1 onion, sliced|
|1 serrano peppers, thinly sliced|
|1 clove garlic, crushed|
|5 fresh curry leaves|
|1 tablespoon curry powder|
|½ teaspoon fenugreek seeds|
|¼ teaspoon ground turmeric|
|salt to taste|
|1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed|
|½ cup coconut milk|
|2 tablespoons lime juice|
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook the onion, serrano pepper, garlic, and curry leaves in the oil until the onions are golden brown. Stir in the curry powder, fenugreek seeds, turmeric, and salt; cook another 3 minutes. Add the green beans to the mixture and stir until evenly coated. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook until the beans are al dente. Pour in the coconut milk and simmer at least 5 minutes more. Remove from heat and stir in the lime juice just before serving.
Calories 104.5 calories, CarbohydrateContent 11.2 g, FatContent 6.6 g, FiberContent 3.9 g, ProteinContent 2.6 g, SaturatedFatContent 4 g, SodiumContent 9.6 mg, SugarContent 2.8 g