TRAEGER ROASTED EASTER HAM RECIPE – TRAEGER GRILLS
Provided by: Traeger Kitchen
Prep time: 10 minutes00S
Cook time: 1 hours 30 minutes00S
|(6-7 lb) bone-in ham|
|Traeger Sweet & Heat BBQ Sauce|
- When ready to cook, set the Traeger temperature to 225℉ and preheat with the lid closed for 15 minutes. For optimal flavor, use Super Smoke, if available.
- Insert the probe into the center of the ham, avoiding the bone. Place the ham directly on the grill grates, cut-side down. Close the lid and cook for 60 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, mix together the Traeger Sweet & Heat BBQ Sauce, brown sugar, and pineapple juice.
- Brush the ham with the glaze every 10 minutes during the last 30 minutes of cooking.
- Remove the ham from grill. Slice and serve. Enjoy!
BAKED HAM RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
Provided by: Irma S. Rombauer
Yield: Allow ⅓ pound per person
|1 10-to-15 pound whole ham, or 1 5-to-7 pound half of a ham|
|1⅓ cups packed brown sugar|
|2 teaspoons dry mustard|
|3 tablespoons cider vinegar, prune juice, wine, or ham drippings|
|Decorate with: pineapple rings studded with cranberries and stars cut from preserved orange peel, optional|
|Garnish with: Slices of jellied cranberry sauce topped with thin orange or pineapple slices, optional|
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Place the ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. For a whole 10- to 15-pound ham, allow 18 to 20 minutes per pound; for a half—5 to 7 pounds—about 20 minutes per pound; or for a shank or butt portion weighing 3 to 4 pounds, about 35 minutes to the pound. In all cases, cook uncovered until the internal temperature reaches 160°F. For an attractive, quick finish, remove the ham from the oven about 30 minutes before it is done and glaze as directed below.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. To heat the ham, place it on a rack in a shallow roasting pan, and bake uncovered. For a whole ham, allow 15 to 18 minutes to the pound; for a half, 18 to 24 minutes per pound. The ham will be ready when the internal temperature reaches 140°F. To glaze the ham, remove it from the oven about 30 minutes before it is done, and increase the oven heat to 425°F. Remove all the rind but a collar around the shank bone. Slash the fat in the top of the ham in a diamond pattern, and cover the surface with brown sugar, dry mustard moistened with cider vinegar, prune juice, wine or ham drippings.
- Stud the fat at the intersections of the diamonds with whole cloves. Or decorate with alternating half pineapple rings studded with cranberries and stars cut from preserved orange peel.
- Return the ham to the oven, reduce the oven heat to 325°F again, and cook about 30 minutes. Place on a platter. Garnish with: Slices of jellied cranberry sauce topped with thin orange or pineapple slices.
SLOW COOKER HAM RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Patricia Anderson
Categories: Slow Cooker Ham
Total time: 8 hours 5 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 8 hours 0 minutes
|2 cups packed brown sugar|
|1 (8 pound) cured, bone-in picnic ham|
- Spread about 1 1/2 cups of brown sugar on the bottom of a slow cooker.
- Place ham on the brown sugar with the flat side facing down; you might have to trim it a little to make it fit. Use your hands to rub the remaining brown sugar onto the ham.
- Cover, and cook on Low for 8 hours.
Calories 360.4 calories, CarbohydrateContent 18 g, CholesterolContent 74.2 mg, FatContent 20.1 g, ProteinContent 25.8 g, SaturatedFatContent 7.2 g, SodiumContent 1425.1 mg, SugarContent 17.8 g