COURGETTE, FETA & MINT SALAD RECIPE | BBC GOOD FOOD
Provided by: Good Food team
Categories: Lunch, Main course
Total time: 10 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
|100g bag rocket leaves|
|200g pack feta cheese (or vegetarian alternative), crumbled|
|bunch mint , leaves picked|
- Peel the courgettes into long ribbons with a potato peeler. Arrange with the rocket on a large platter. Scatter over the feta and mint leaves, and drizzle on your favourite dressing.
Calories 152 calories, FatContent 11 grams fat, SaturatedFatContent 7 grams saturated fat, CarbohydrateContent 4 grams carbohydrates, SugarContent 3 grams sugar, FiberContent 1 grams fiber, ProteinContent 10 grams protein, SodiumContent 1.9 milligram of sodium
GRILLED COURGETTES | VEGETABLE RECIPES | JAMIE OLIVER
Provided by: Georgina Hayden
Total time: 20 minutes
|1 fresh red chilli|
|1 bunch of fresh mint|
|1 free-range egg|
|25 g plain flour|
|20 g Parmesan cheese|
|1 pinch of dried oregano|
|100 g feta cheese|
|sweet chilli sauce optional|
- Coarsely grate the courgettes, finely grate the lemon zest and Parmesan, then deseed and finely chop the chilli. Pick and finely slice the mint leaves.
- Beat the egg, then mix with the courgette, flour, lemon zest, Parmesan, chilli, mint, oregano and a good pinch of sea salt and black pepper. Scrunch it all up really well with your hands, then crumble in the feta and mix again.
- Heat a good drizzle of oil in a frying pan and fry tablespoons of the mixture for a couple of minutes each side until golden – these fritters make a lovely lunch with a leafy salad, some sweet chilli sauce and lemon wedges for squeezing over.
Calories 224 calories, FatContent 16.7 g fat, SaturatedFatContent 6.4 g saturated fat, ProteinContent 10.9 g protein, CarbohydrateContent 7.2 g carbohydrate, SugarContent 2.5 g sugar, SodiumContent 0 g salt, FiberContent 0 g fibre
GREEK COURGETTE AND FETA FRITTATA – DELICIOUS. MAGAZINE
Provided by: Heather Thomas.
Total time: 25 minutes
Prep time: 25 minutes
Yield: Serves 4
|3 tbsp olive oil|
|3 medium courgettes, thinly sliced into rounds|
|2 garlic cloves, crushed|
|4 ripe tomatoes (about 400g), chopped|
|8 medium free-range eggs|
|Handful fresh dill, finely chopped|
|100g vegetarian feta, crumbled|
|You’ll also need…Apple-converted-space|
|About 26cm ovenproof frying pan|
- Heat the grill to medium. Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in the frying pan over a medium heat. Add the courgettes to the hot pan and cook, turning occasionally, for 4-5 minutes until tender and lightly golden. Stir in the garlic and chopped tomatoes and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs and season with salt and pepper. Add the dill and the courgette and tomato mixture and stir well.
- Add the remaining olive oil to the frying pan and, when hot, pour in the courgette and egg mixture, then crumble the feta over the top. Reduce the heat to low and cook gently for 8-10 minutes or until the frittata is set and golden underneath and only the top is still runny.
- Put the pan under the grill for about 2 minutes or until the top is puffy, golden brown and set.
- Slide the frittata out of the pan onto a board and cut into wedges. Serve warm or cold.
Calories 331kcals, FatContent 24.7g (7.8g saturated), ProteinContent 21.3g, CarbohydrateContent 4.8g (4.5g sugars), FiberContent 2.1g