CREAMY PASTA WITH MUSHROOMS RECIPE | BON APPÉTIT
Provided by: Andy Baraghani
Yield: 4 servings
|4 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil|
|1 lb. mixed mushrooms (such as maitake, oyster, crimini, and/or shiitake), torn into bite-size pieces|
|2 medium shallots, finely chopped|
|1 lb. spaghetti or bucatini|
|½ cup heavy cream|
|⅓ cup finely chopped parsley|
|Zest and juice of ½ lemon|
|2 Tbsp. unsalted butter, cut into pieces|
|½ oz. Parmesan, finely grated (about ½ cup), plus more for serving|
|Freshly ground black pepper|
- Heat 2 Tbsp. oil in a Dutch oven or other large pot over medium-high. Cook half of mushrooms in a single layer, undisturbed, until edges are brown and starting to crisp, about 3 minutes. Give mushrooms a toss and continue to cook, tossing occasionally, until all sides are brown and crisp, about 5 minutes more. Using a slotted spoon, transfer mushrooms to a plate; season with salt. Repeat with remaining 2 Tbsp. oil and mushrooms and more salt.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and return all of the mushrooms to the pot. Add shallots and cook, stirring often, until shallots are translucent and softened, about 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water, stirring occasionally, until very al dente, about 2 minutes less than package directions.
- Using tongs, transfer pasta to pot with mushrooms and add cream and 1 cup pasta cooking liquid. Increase heat to medium, bring to a simmer, and cook, tossing constantly, until pasta is al dente and liquid is slightly thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat. Add lemon zest and juice, parsley, butter, ½ oz. Parmesan, and lots of pepper and toss to combine. Taste and season with more salt if needed.
- Divide pasta among bowls and top with more Parmesan.
CREAMY GARLIC PASTA RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Celestial
Total time: 30 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
|2 teaspoons olive oil|
|4 garlic cloves, minced|
|2 tablespoons butter|
|3 cups chicken broth, or more as needed|
|½ teaspoon ground black pepper|
|¼ teaspoon salt|
|½ pound spaghetti|
|1 cup grated Parmesan cheese|
|¾ cup heavy cream|
|1 ½ tablespoons dried parsley|
- Heat olive oil in a medium pan over medium heat. Add garlic and stir until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Add butter and stir constantly until melted. Pour in 3 cups chicken broth; add pepper and salt. Bring to a boil.
- Add spaghetti and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, about 12 minutes. Add more chicken broth if pasta starts to stick to the pan.
- Add Parmesan cheese, cream, and parsley and mix until thoroughly combined. Serve immediately.
Calories 542.8 calories, CarbohydrateContent 46.8 g, CholesterolContent 98.5 mg, FatContent 31.7 g, FiberContent 2.1 g, ProteinContent 17.3 g, SaturatedFatContent 17.9 g, SodiumContent 1388.1 mg, SugarContent 2.7 g
PASTA WITH CREAM SAUCE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
—Amy Sauser, Omaha, Nebraska
Provided by: Taste of Home
Categories: Side Dishes
Total time: 40 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Yield: 8 servings.
|1 package (16 ounces) bow tie pasta|
|1 small red onion, chopped|
|3 tablespoons olive oil|
|4 large garlic cloves, minced|
|3/4 cup chicken broth|
|1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil|
|1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano|
|1/4 teaspoon salt|
|1/4 teaspoon pepper|
|1 cup heavy whipping cream|
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the broth, basil, oregano, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook for 8 minutes or until reduced by about half. Stir in cream. , Cook, uncovered, 8-10 minutes longer or until sauce is reduced to 1-1/4 cups. Drain pasta; toss with sauce.
Calories 358 calories, FatContent 17g fat (8g saturated fat), CholesterolContent 41mg cholesterol, SodiumContent 181mg sodium, CarbohydrateContent 44g carbohydrate (2g sugars, FiberContent 2g fiber), ProteinContent 8g protein.
PASTA WITH TOMATO CREAM SAUCE RECIPE – HOW TO MAKE A CREAM …
Provided by: THEPIONEERWOMAN.COM
Categories: main dish
Total time: 35 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
|2 tbsp. olive oil|
|2 tbsp. butter|
|1 whole medium onion, finely diced|
|4 cloves garlic, minced|
|2 15-ounce cans tomato sauce or marinara sauce|
|Salt and pepper, to taste|
|Dash of sugar, to taste|
|1 c. heavy cream|
|Grated parmesan or Romano cheese, to taste|
|Fresh basil, chopped|
|1 1/2 lb. fettuccine|
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1 cup of pasta water.Heat butter and oil over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and saute for a minute or so. Pour in tomato sauce and add salt, pepper, and sugar to taste. Stir and cook over low heat for 25 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.Remove from heat and stir in cream. Add cheese to taste, then check seasonings. Stir in pasta and chopped basil and serve immediately. (Thin with pasta water before adding basil if needed.)