CREAMY SAUSAGE PASTA WITH BELL PEPPERS – MARICRUZ AVALOS KITCHEN …
Provided by: Maricruz
Total time: 20 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
|12 oz uncooked pasta (any type you like)|
|3 Italian sausages (casings removed)|
|1 large red bell pepper (diced)|
|8 oz cream cheese|
|3 Tbsp parmigiano cheese (grated)|
|1 cup hot water (from cooking pasta)|
|1 garlic clove (minced)|
|1 tsp chili flakes (optional)|
|4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil|
|salt and pepper (to taste)|
- Place a large pot with water and salt and bring to a boil. Read notes.
- While you’re waiting for water to start boiling. In a large pan heat the oil over medium heat. Add sausage and cook, breaking with a spoon into small pieces until browned (about 7-8 minutes).
- Remove sausage from the pan. *You can start cooking pasta around this time.
- Now, add bell peppers, garlic, salt and pepper to the pan. Sauté over medium-low heat until peppers are soft (5 minutes).
- Return sausage to the pan with peppers and add the cheese cream. Pour in 1 cup of hot water (from cooking pasta) and stir until cheese is combined with the other ingredients.
- Add parmigiano and mix well, then allow to simmer for 3 to 5 minutes over low heat.
- Turn off heat, drain pasta and add it to the pan with the sauce. Mix thoroughly to coat well pasta with the creamy sauce. Serve immediately.
Calories 954 kcal, CarbohydrateContent 69 g, ProteinContent 28 g, FatContent 62 g, SaturatedFatContent 23 g, CholesterolContent 129 mg, SodiumContent 871 mg, FiberContent 4 g, SugarContent 6 g, ServingSize 1 serving