LEMON CURRY RICE RECIPE – FOOD.COM
Total time: 38 minutes
Prep time: 8 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Yield: 6 serving(s)
|2 cups chicken broth|
|2 tablespoons lemon juice|
|1 cup uncooked regular long grain rice|
|1 teaspoon grated lemon, rind of|
|1/2 teaspoon curry powder|
|1/4 teaspoon garlic salt|
|1/4 teaspoon pepper|
|2 tablespoons toasted sliced almonds|
|2 tablespoons minced crystallized ginger|
- Heat the broth, and lemon juice in a medium saucepan until boiling.
- Add the rice, stir, and turn heat to low.
- Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Remove pan from heat.
- Stir in lemon peel, curry powder, garlic salt and pepper.
- Cover and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Fluff rice lightly with fork and sprinkle with the toasted almonds and ginger.
Calories 298.7, FatContent 15.7, SaturatedFatContent 1.4, CholesterolContent 0, SodiumContent 251.5, CarbohydrateContent 31.6, FiberContent 3.7, SugarContent 1.8, ProteinContent 9.9
BROILED FISH WITH LEMON CURRY BUTTER RECIPE – NYT COOKING
Provided by: Melissa Clark
Total time: 10 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
|4 tablespoons unsalted butter|
|4 garlic cloves, finely grated or minced|
|1 1/2 tablespoons minced thyme leaves|
|1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder|
|1 1/2 teaspoons grated ginger|
|1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt, more as needed|
|3/4 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest|
|Ground black pepper, to taste|
|4 (6-ounce) blackfish, flounder or hake fillets|
|Fresh lemon juice, for serving|
|Dill fronds or fresh parsley, for serving|
- Heat the broiler. In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in garlic, thyme, curry powder, ginger and 1/4 teaspoon salt; heat until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in lemon zest.
- Season fish with salt and pepper and place on a rimmed baking sheet. Pour sauce over fish and broil until fish is flaky and cooked through, about 5 minutes. Top with a squeeze of lemon juice and fresh dill, and serve.
@context http//schema.org, Calories 253, UnsaturatedFatContent 4 grams, CarbohydrateContent 3 grams, FatContent 13 grams, FiberContent 1 gram, ProteinContent 31 grams, SaturatedFatContent 8 grams, SodiumContent 240 milligrams, SugarContent 0 grams, TransFatContent 0 grams