CHICKEN AND BROCCOLI CURRY | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Chef John
Categories: Chicken Breasts
Total time: 2 hours 55 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
|1 tablespoon ground cumin|
|2 teaspoons ground coriander|
|2 teaspoons smoked paprika|
|1 teaspoon ground turmeric|
|1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper|
|2 teaspoons kosher salt|
|⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper|
|1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts|
|1 pound fresh broccoli|
|2 tablespoons unsalted butter|
|1 tablespoon olive oil|
|2 cloves garlic, crushed|
|1 (14 ounce) can full-fat coconut milk|
|2 tablespoons ketchup|
|½ cup chicken broth|
|¼ cup thinly sliced green onion|
- Mix cumin, coriander, paprika, turmeric, black pepper, salt, and cayenne together in a small bowl for the spice blend.
- Coat chicken breasts generously on both sides with about 1/2 of the spice blend and refrigerate, 2 to 12 hours. Reserve remaining spice blend until needed.
- Cut broccoli florets off the stems. Slice the stems into strips, and then into 1/4-inch cubes, and reserve. Cut the florets into 1-inch pieces and set aside.
- Heat butter and olive oil in a deep skillet or saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken breasts and brown well, about 3 minutes on each side. Transfer onto a plate and let cool enough to handle, about 10 minutes.
- While chicken cools, add garlic to the pan drippings. Cook and stir over medium-high heat for 30 seconds. Stir in the remaining spice blend and toast for 30 seconds. Pour in coconut milk and stir in ketchup, making sure to scrape up any bits from the bottom of the pan. Bring to a simmer; reduce heat to medium, stir in chicken broth, and let simmer until reduced, about 10 minutes.
- Stir cubed broccoli stems into the sauce and cook until almost tender, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut chicken breasts into 1/2-inch strips, and then into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Increase skillet heat to medium-high and add broccoli florets. Cover and cook until almost tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Add chicken, and cook, stirring, until chicken is no longer pink in the center, and the broccoli is just fully tender, about 3 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning. Serve immediately. Top with thinly sliced green onions.
Calories 467.8 calories, CarbohydrateContent 15.8 g, CholesterolContent 80.4 mg, FatContent 34 g, FiberContent 5.4 g, ProteinContent 29.9 g, SaturatedFatContent 23.5 g, SodiumContent 1301 mg, SugarContent 4 g
BROCCOLI CURRY | AMAZINGLY EASY 20 MINUTES VEGAN CURRY
Provided by: Veganbell
Total time: 32 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 22 minutes
|2 onions (quartered)|
|1 inch ginger|
|2 garlic cloves|
|2 green chillies|
|2 tomatoes (quartered)|
|1 bunch coriander leaves|
|1 tablespoon coconut oil|
|1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds|
|1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder|
|1/2 teaspoon cumin powder|
|1/2 teaspoon coriander powder|
|2 cups broccoli florets ((steamed))|
|1 cup potato ((steamed))|
|3/4 cup water|
|1/2 cup coconut cream|
- In a blender (or a food processor), add onion + ginger + garlic + green chilies + tomatoes + coriander. Blend to make a paste and set aside.
- Set a pan over low-medium heat. Add coconut oil. Once it’s hot, add cumin seeds and let them splutter and turn brown.
- Add the paste + turmeric powder + cumin powder + coriander powder + salt. Mix well and cook for 10-12 minutes (over low-medium heat) or until all the liquid is evaporated and the mixture turns brownish. Stir frequently to avoid burn *important*.
- Add steamed broccoli + potatoes + 3/4 cup water. Stir and mix. Cover the lid *important* and cook for 5-7 minutes over low-medium.
- Add the coconut cream and give it a final stir. Your broccoli curry is ready. Serve with rice, naans, rotis or your fav flatbreads.
Calories 443 kcal, CarbohydrateContent 43 g, ProteinContent 10 g, FatContent 29 g, SaturatedFatContent 24 g, SodiumContent 211 mg, FiberContent 11 g, SugarContent 11 g, ServingSize 1 serving