VEGAN MELANZANE (EGGPLANT) PASTA SAUCE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Yonatan Huber
Categories: Tomato Pasta Sauce
Total time: 40 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
|1 tablespoon olive oil|
|1 onion, finely chopped|
|1 carrot, finely chopped|
|1 clove garlic, chopped|
|1 (14.5 ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes|
|½ teaspoon white sugar|
|salt and ground black pepper to taste|
|½ cup vegetable oil for frying|
|1 eggplant, thinly sliced|
|2 tablespoons pitted Kalamata olives, sliced|
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir onion, carrot, and garlic until onion is golden, about 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, sugar, salt, and pepper. Bring to a simmer; turn heat down to low. Continue simmering, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat vegetable oil in a separate pan over high heat. Fry eggplant slices in the hot oil until lightly browned, about 2 minutes per side. Drain eggplant slices on paper towels.
- Mash the tomatoes in the saucepan using a fork for a less chunky texture. Remove from heat. Add eggplant and olives; stir gently to incorporate.
Calories 177.3 calories, CarbohydrateContent 21 g, FatContent 10.4 g, FiberContent 7.2 g, ProteinContent 3.2 g, SaturatedFatContent 1.4 g, SodiumContent 432.6 mg, SugarContent 9.4 g
PASTA MELANZANA RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: SPEARL20
Categories: Italian Recipes
Total time: 25 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
|¾ cup bow tie (farfalle) pasta|
|1 medium eggplant, peeled and cubed|
|4 tablespoons olive oil|
|4 cloves garlic, finely chopped|
|1 tablespoon butter|
|3 cups fresh spinach, chopped|
|3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice|
|salt and pepper|
|¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided|
|cracked black pepper to taste|
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain. Keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil and butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic; cook and stir until softened. Mix in the eggplant. Let the eggplant cook for 5 minutes without stirring. Then stir and cook until tender, about 5 more minutes.
- Mix in the spinach and season with salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes. Stir in the drained pasta and lemon juice along with 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese. Transfer to a serving dish and top with remaining cheese and cracked black pepper.
Calories 296.7 calories, CarbohydrateContent 16.6 g, CholesterolContent 24.1 mg, FatContent 22.3 g, FiberContent 5.5 g, ProteinContent 10.5 g, SaturatedFatContent 7 g, SodiumContent 329 mg, SugarContent 4 g
AUBERGINE PASTA | JAMIE OLIVER VEGETARIAN PASTA RECIPES
Provided by: Kate McCullough
Total time: 40 minutes
Yield: 4 to 6
|1 small onion|
|2 cloves of garlic|
|½ a bunch of fresh basil|
|4-6 tablespoons olive oil|
|1 x 400 g tin of quality chopped tomatoes|
|500 g dried rigatoni|
|80 g ricotta cheese|
- Peel and finely chop the onion and garlic. Pick the basil leaves and finely chop the stalks. Trim and cut the aubergine into 2cm slices.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of oil in a pan and sweat the onion, garlic and basil stalks for 7 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, season well and bring to a steady simmer. Cook for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, fry the aubergine in the remaining oil until golden, then stir into the tomato sauce with most of the basil leaves.
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions, drain, then stir through the sauce.
- Divide between plates and crumble over some ricotta and scatter over the reserved basil leaves before serving.
Calories 510 calories, FatContent 15.6 g fat, SaturatedFatContent 2.9 g saturated fat, ProteinContent 18.8 g protein, CarbohydrateContent 78.9 g carbohydrate, SugarContent 9.4 g sugar, SodiumContent 0.70 g salt, FiberContent 3.4 g fibre
EGGPLANT (AUBERGINE) SAUCE FOR PASTA RECIPE – FOOD.COM
Total time: 1 hours 40 minutes
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 1 hours 10 minutes
Yield: 7 pints
|2 tablespoons olive oil|
|1 large onion, chopped|
|6 garlic cloves, chopped|
|1 large bell pepper, chopped|
|2 lbs eggplants, peeled & cubed|
|8 cups tomatoes, peeled & cubed|
|1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste|
|4 tablespoons fresh basil|
|2 teaspoons dry oregano|
|1/3 cup sugar|
|1/8 cup salt|
|1 teaspoon pepper|
|1 cup dry red wine|
- In a very large kettle, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic; cook until the onion is soft.
- Add tomatoes, eggplant, bell pepper, tomato paste, basil, oregano, sugar, salt, pepper, and wine; stir.
- Bring to boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Put into hot jars and seal.
- Makes 7 pints or 4 quarts.
- Process in hot water bath for 40 minutes.
- This is very good served over pasta with Mozzarella cheese.
Calories 207.3, FatContent 4.8, SaturatedFatContent 0.7, CholesterolContent 0, SodiumContent 2231.1, CarbohydrateContent 35, FiberContent 9, SugarContent 22.7, ProteinContent 4.9