EMERIL’S LASAGNA BOLOGNESE RECIPE – FOOD.COM
Total time: 4 hours
Prep time: 2 hours
Cook time: 2 hours
Yield: 12 serving(s)
|1 1/2 lbs lasagna noodles, cooked and drained|
|1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese|
|2 tablespoons butter|
|6 slices bacon, diced|
|1/4 lb cooked ham, diced|
|1/2 lb ground veal (or 1/4 pound of each) or 1/2 lb ground pork (or 1/4 pound of each)|
|1 1/2 cups chopped onions|
|1/2 cup finely chopped carrot|
|1/4 cup thinly sliced celery|
|3 garlic cloves, minced|
|1 pinch of dried clove|
|3 tablespoons tomato paste|
|1 cup dry white wine|
|4 cups chicken stock|
|1 1/2 teaspoons salt|
|1/4 teaspoon black pepper|
|1/2 cup heavy cream|
|1/4 cup chopped parsley|
|4 1/2 cups whole milk|
|6 tablespoons butter|
|6 tablespoons flour|
|1 teaspoon salt|
|1/4 teaspoon nutmeg|
- For Bolognese Sauce: In large pot heat butter over medium-high heat.
- Add bacon and ham and saute until carmelized and light brown, about 10 minutes.
- Add ground meats and cook over high heat until well browned and stirring constantly, about 20 minutes.
- Add the onions, carrots, celery and mushrooms and cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, cloves and nutmeg to the pan and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add wine and cook till almost evaporated.
- Add stock, simmer over medium-high heat about 45 minutes or until sauce is thickened and flavorful.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the creamand parsley and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Set aside until ready to assemble.
- Bechamel Sauce:In saucepan, melt butter over low heat and stir in flour, stirring constantly until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Slowly whisk in milk to blend together.
- Set over high heat and quickly bring to a boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Allow to cook for 5 minutes or so until floury taste is gone.
- Remove from heat and add salt and nutmeg to taste.
- To assemble:Preheat oven to 350.
- Butter a large rectangular baking dish.
- Spoon 1/2 cup of meat sauce onto the bottom of the dish.
- Cover with 1 layer of cooked lasagna noodles.
- Top with 1 layer of meat sauce, completely covering noodles, then add a light dusting of cheese.
- Repeat layering in orders given until all have been used, ending with a topping of bechamel sauce and cheese.
- Bake covered for 45 minutes with aluminum foil; then uncover and bake for 15 minutes until cheese on top is lightly golden brown.
- Let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Calories 584.4, FatContent 26.7, SaturatedFatContent 13.6, CholesterolContent 84.9, SodiumContent 978.7, CarbohydrateContent 57.4, FiberContent 2.6, SugarContent 9, ProteinContent 24.3
EMERIL LAGASSE’S TRUE BOLOGNESE | RECIPE – RACHAEL RAY SHOW
Provided by: The Rachael Ray Staff
|1 tablespoon olive oil|
|8 ounces pancetta|
|1 1⁄2 cups small-diced onion|
|3⁄4 cup small-diced carrot|
|3⁄4 cup small-diced celery|
|3⁄4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper|
|1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt|
|1 pound ground sirloin|
|1⁄2 pound ground veal|
|3 tablespoons tomato paste|
|3⁄4 cup dry white wine|
|1 1⁄2 tablespoons minced garlic|
|1 1⁄2 cups beef stock or canned low-sodium beef broth|
|1 cup half-and-half|
|2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley leaves|
|1 pound dried pasta|
|such as tagliatelle or pappardelle|
|cooked until al dente|
|Grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese|
- In a medium Dutch oven, heat the oil over medium- high heat and cook the pancetta until it is crisp and the fat is rendered, 6 to 8 minutes
- Add the onion, carrot, celery, pepper, and 1 teaspoon of the salt and cook until the vegetables are lightly caramelized, stirring occasionally, 4 to 6 minutes
- Increase the heat and stir in the sirloin and veal
- Cook, stirring and breaking the meat into small pieces, until the meat is well browned, about 5 minutes
- Add the tomato paste and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes
- Stir in the wine and garlic and cook until the wine is nearly evaporated, about 2 minutes
- Add the stock and reduce the heat to low
- Cook, partially covered, until the liquid is almost completely evaporated, about 10 minutes
- Add 1 ⁄2 cup of the half-and-half and continue cooking for 30 to 40 minutes, adding the remaining half- and- half little by little as the sauce reduces
- The sauce should be very thick and rich
- Season with the remaining 1⁄2 teaspoon salt and additional black pepper to taste; you may not need any more seasoning, depending on the stock that you used
- Stir in the parsley
- Serve the sauce tossed with cooked pasta and garnish with grated cheese
LASAGNA BOLOGNESE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Provided by: Ali Ramee
|1 medium-sized (10 oz.) yellow onion, coarsely chopped (about 2 cups)|
|2 small carrots (1 1/2 oz. each), coarsely chopped (about 1/2 cup)|
|1 large (2 oz.) celery stalk, coarsely chopped (about 1/2 cup)|
|4 medium garlic cloves, smashed|
|4 tablespoons olive oil, divided|
|1 pound ground chuck|
|1 pound ground pork|
|3 teaspoons kosher salt, divided|
|2 cups chicken broth|
|1 (28-oz.) can crushed tomatoes|
|2 cups whole milk|
|1 tablespoon sherry vinegar|
|¼ cup unsalted butter, cut into pieces|
|¼ cup all-purpose flour|
|3 cups whole milk|
|1 teaspoon kosher salt|
|½ teaspoon black pepper|
|Olive oil, for greasing|
|16 lasagna noodles (from 1 [1-lb.] package), cooked according to package directions|
|12 ounces pre-shredded low-moisture whole-milk mozzarella cheese (about 3 cups)|
|4 ounces Parmesan cheese, grated (about 1 cup)|
- Assemble the lasagna:
- Preheat oven to 375°F with rack 10 inches from heat source. Lightly grease a broiler-safe 13- x 9-inch baking dish with oil.
- Spread 1 cup Bolognese in bottom of baking dish. Arrange 4 noodles, overlapping slightly, over Bolognese. Spread 1 1/2 cups Bolognese over noodles. Spoon 1/2 cup Béchamel over Bolognese. Sprinkle with 1 cup mozzarella and 1/4 cup Parmesan.
- Repeat layers twice. Arrange remaining 4 noodles, overlapping slightly, over mixture. Spread remaining 1 cup Béchamel over noodles. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan. Reserve remaining Bolognese for another use.Cut a piece of aluminum foil to fit over baking dish; lightly grease foil with oil, and cover lasagna. Place on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven until bubbling around edges of dish, 45 minutes to 1 hour. Remove from oven, and remove foil. Increase oven temperature to broil. Return lasagna to oven. Broil until cheese is bubbling and golden brown in spots, about 7 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes. Slice and serve.
- Remove from heat; whisk in salt and pepper. (If desired, let Béchamel cool 30 minutes; store in an airtight container in refrigerator up to 3 days. Let come to room temperature before using.)
- Remove from heat; stir in vinegar and remaining 2 teaspoons salt. (If desired, let Bolognese cool 1 hour; store in an airtight container in refrigerator up to 3 days. Let come to room temperature before using.)