EMPANADA DOUGH | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: lola
Categories: Empanada Recipes
Total time: 20 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Yield: 24 empanadas
|2 cups all-purpose flour|
|½ teaspoon salt|
|⅓ cup white sugar|
|1 egg yolk|
|½ cup water|
|2 tablespoons all-purpose flour for dusting|
|2 tablespoons melted butter for brushing|
- Whisk together the 2 cups flour, salt, and sugar in a bowl until evenly blended; make a well in the center of the mixture. Whisk the egg yolk and water together in a small bowl until smooth; pour into the well and mix to form a stiff dough. Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 8 minutes.
- Roll the dough with a rolling pin until thin, sprinkling with flour to prevent from sticking. Brush with melted butter and roll it like a jelly roll. Cut with a sharp knife into 1 1/2-inch slices. Roll each piece into a circle and fill with about 1 tablespoon filling. Fold over into half moons and seal.
Calories 61.7 calories, CarbohydrateContent 11.2 g, CholesterolContent 11.1 mg, FatContent 1.3 g, FiberContent 0.3 g, ProteinContent 1.3 g, SaturatedFatContent 0.7 g, SodiumContent 56 mg, SugarContent 2.8 g
EMPANADA DOUGH RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
Provided by: EPICURIOUS.COM
Total time: 1 1/4 hr
Cook time: 20 min
Yield: Makes enough for 12 pastries
|2¼ cups unbleached all-purpose flour|
|1½ teaspoons salt|
|1 stick (½ cup) cold unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes|
|1 large egg|
|⅓ cup ice water|
|1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar|
- Sift flour with salt into a large bowl and blend in butter with your fingertips or a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal with some (roughly pea-size) butter lumps.
- Beat together egg, water, and vinegar in a small bowl with a fork. Add to flour mixture, stirring with fork until just incorporated. (Mixture will look shaggy.)
- Turn out mixture onto a lightly floured surface and gather together, then knead gently with heel of your hand once or twice, just enough to bring dough together. Form dough into a flat rectangle and chill, wrapped in plastic wrap, at least 1 hour.
3-INGREDIENTS HOMEMADE EMPANADA DOUGH | JOHANNY’S KITCHEN
Provided by: Johanny Casillas
Prep time: 30 minutes
|3 cups all purpose flour (sifted)|
|2 tbsp olive oil|
|1 tsp salt|
|1 cup water (hot)|
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, salt and oil. Stir with an spatula
- Carefully, add the hot water and stir again. Until getting a crumbly consistency
- knead the dough with your hands for a few minutes and form a ball.
- Let the dough rest for 30 minutes before making the discs.
- After 30 minutes use a rolling pin to roll out the dough into a thin sheet, and cut it into pie circles (you can use a small plate for this)
- Use inmediately, or store in in the fridge up to 3 days, or in the freezer for a few months.