PEPPERONCINI (OIL AND GARLIC SPAGHETTI) RECIPE – FOOD.COM
Total time: 40 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Yield: 6-8 serving(s)
|1 lb spaghetti|
|6 -8 garlic cloves, sliced fine NOT MINCED|
|1/2 cup olive oil, I use flavored|
|2 -3 tablespoons dried chilies (or if not red pepper flakes work fine)|
|salt, fresh ground pepper, herbs (to taste)|
|1 cup water, from pasta pot|
- Put pasta in pot to boil over high heat. I usually put in oil, some salt, and fresh herbs in mine. Boil till tender, save 1 cup of the pasta water. Drain pasta.
- Heat skillet over medium-high heat. Pour oil in skillet. When hot put garlic in it. Swirl around till fragant, about 3-4 minute.
- Add spices and pasta. Add water, a little bit at a time, till pasta does not look dry but is not swimming in liquid either. Add 1/4 cup at a time. Toss to incorporate all together.
Calories 448.1, FatContent 19.2, SaturatedFatContent 2.7, CholesterolContent 0, SodiumContent 6.2, CarbohydrateContent 58.3, FiberContent 2.7, SugarContent 1.7, ProteinContent 10.2
ROASTED GARLIC BURGERS WITH PEPPERONCINI AIOLI & CRISPY SALAMI
Provided by: Molly
|1 head of garlic, halved|
|1 lb lean ground beef|
|1 tablespoon whole grain mustard|
|1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce|
|1 teaspoon onion powder|
|1 teaspoon salt|
|Freshly ground black pepper|
|12 thinly-sliced pieces of salami|
|Gouda or mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced|
|Red onion, sliced|
|1 cup mayo|
|½ cup pickled pepperoncini peppers, chopped|
|2 tablespoons of the pickling juice from the peppers|
|Salt and pepper, to taste|
- For the Burgers:
- For the Aioli:
PEPPERONCINI GARLIC BREAD RECIPE
Yield: 12 servings (24 pieces)
- Preheat broiler to high with rack 6 inches from element.
- Combine butter, oil, pepperoncini, Parmesan, and garlic; season with salt and pepper.
- Spread pepperoncini butter on cut sides of baguette, place on a baking sheet, then broil until
- golden, about 5 minutes. Cut each baguette half into 12 pieces.
ServingSize 12 servings (24 pieces), Calories 227, FatContent 11g, CarbohydrateContent 26g, FiberContent 1g, ProteinContent 6g, SaturatedFatContent 5g, SodiumContent 324mg, CholesterolContent 18mg
How do you make pepperoncini peppers?
How Do You Make Pepperoncini Peppers? 1 4 cups pepperoncini peppers 2 2 cups water 3 2 cups apple cider vinegar (or white vinegar) 4 2 tbsp kosher salt 5 1-2 bay leaves 6 3 garlic cloves 7 1/2 tbsp peppercorns 8 Directions: Wash the peppers and carefully cut a slit down the side of the pepper. This will help the flavor to infuse… More …
How to pickle pepperoncini peppers?
Start with a pound or more of fresh pepperoncini peppers. Have on hand: water, sugar, vinegar, pickling salt, garlic, and any other herbs that you’d like to add in for flavor. Use the recipe below to make your own quick pickled pepperoncinis at home.
What do you do with pepperoncinis?
That being said you can add pepperoncinis to your favorite meat and cook them all day in a crockpot, cut them up for a salad or sandwich topping, or eat them straight out of the jar. Slow cooker: Let this five-star Pepperoncini Beef aka Drip Beef recipe cook all day in the crockpot. In a salad. On a pizza. In a skillet.
Is it safe to add pepperoncini to chili?
It’s easy to add with chili peppers. Whether you like the super hot jalapenos or the mild heat of a pepperoncini, both have their health benefits. All hot peppers owe their heat to the compound capsaicin. The more capsaicin, the hotter the pepper.