QUICK GREEN BEANS WITH BACON RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Provided by: Taste of Home
Categories: Side Dishes
Total time: 25 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Yield: 8 servings.
|8 cups fresh green beans, trimmed|
|4 bacon strips, chopped|
|1/2 cup chopped onion|
|1/4 teaspoon salt|
|1/8 teaspoon pepper|
- Place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, until beans are crisp-tender, 8-10 minutes; drain.
In a large skillet, cook bacon and onion over medium heat until bacon is crisp and onion is tender, stirring occasionally, 3-5 minutes., Add beans to bacon mixture. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; toss to coat.
Calories 62 calories, FatContent 2g fat (1g saturated fat), CholesterolContent 6mg cholesterol, SodiumContent 177mg sodium, CarbohydrateContent 8g carbohydrate (4g sugars, FiberContent 3g fiber), ProteinContent 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges 1 vegetable
SMOTHERED GREEN BEANS RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Michele O’Sullivan
Categories: Green Bean Side Dishes
Total time: 50 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
|6 thick slices bacon, chopped|
|½ cup onions, minced|
|1 teaspoon minced garlic|
|1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed|
|1 cup water, or as needed|
|⅛ teaspoon salt|
|1 pinch ground black pepper|
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat; cook until fat begins to render. Stir in onion and garlic; cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Stir in beans and water. Cook until water has evaporated and beans are tender. Add more water as needed until beans are tender. Season with salt and pepper.
Calories 97.5 calories, CarbohydrateContent 7 g, CholesterolContent 13.8 mg, FatContent 5.4 g, FiberContent 2.9 g, ProteinContent 6.2 g, SaturatedFatContent 1.7 g, SodiumContent 343.2 mg, SugarContent 1.9 g
GREEN BEANS AND BACON RECIPE | THE NEELYS | FOOD NETWORK
Provided by: Patrick and Gina Neely : Food Network
Total time: 35 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
|2 1/2 pounds green beans, trimmed|
|1/2 pound bacon, roughly chopped|
|1 small yellow onion, finely chopped|
|3 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 teaspoon red pepper flakes|
|1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans|
|Juice of 1/2 lemon|
|Freshly ground pepper|
- Toss the green beans into a large pot of boiling salted water and cook until bright green in color and crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Drain the beans and shock in a large bowl of ice water to stop the cooking. Drain the beans again and pat dry.
- Cook the bacon in a large, heavy saute pan until crisp, about 5 minutes. Remove the bacon to a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Spoon off the excess bacon grease, leaving 2 tablespoons in the pan. Add the onion to the pan and saute until soft and very tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Sprinkle in the garlic and red pepper flakes and saute until just fragrant, about 1 more minute. Add the reserved green beans and the pecans and cook until heated through, 5 to 6 minutes more. Return the bacon to the pan, pour in the lemon juice and toss. Season with salt and pepper.