CHEF JOHN’S GRILLED LAMB STEAKS RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Chef John
Categories: Lamb Recipes
Total time: 8 hours 40 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Yield: 4 steaks
|1 bunch fresh tarragon leaves, torn|
|½ bunch fresh mint leaves, torn|
|2 tablespoons plain yogurt|
|1 tablespoon olive oil|
|4 cloves garlic, chopped|
|1 teaspoon ground cumin|
|1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper|
|4 center-cut lamb leg steaks, 1 1/2-inch thick|
|¼ cup olive oil|
|3 tablespoons sherry vinegar|
|2 tablespoons honey|
|salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste|
|2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint|
|1 tablespoon olive oil, or as needed|
|salt and ground black pepper to taste|
- Whisk tarragon, 1/2 bunch mint, yogurt, 1 tablespoon olive oil, garlic, cumin, and 1 teaspoon black pepper together in a bowl; pour marinade into a resealable plastic bag. Add lamb steaks, coat with marinade, squeeze out excess air, and seal the bag. Marinate in the refrigerator, 8 hours to overnight.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat, and lightly oil the grate.
- Whisk 1/4 cup olive oil, sherry vinegar, honey, salt, and pepper together in a bowl. Add 2 tablespoons chopped mint and stir to combine vinaigrette.
- Remove steaks from marinade and scrape off all herbs and garlic; discard marinade. Drizzle steaks with 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook steaks on the preheated grill until browned on the outside and slightly pink in the center, about 6 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 130 degrees F (54 degrees C). Transfer steaks to a plate, drizzle 1/2 of the vinaigrette over the steaks, cover the steaks with foil, and let rest for 10 minutes. Transfer steaks to individual plates and drizzle remaining vinaigrette over each.
Calories 467.1 calories, CarbohydrateContent 11.8 g, CholesterolContent 93.3 mg, FatContent 33.5 g, FiberContent 0.3 g, ProteinContent 29.2 g, SaturatedFatContent 8.7 g, SodiumContent 80.3 mg, SugarContent 9.3 g
BEST GRILLED LAMB CHOPS RECIPE
Provided by: THEPIONEERWOMAN.COM
Categories: Father’s Day,Summer,grilled,meat
Total time: 1 hours 5 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 0S
Yield: 4-6 servings
|2 lb. lamb rib or loin chops|
|2 tsp. salt|
|1 tsp. ground black pepper|
|1/2 c. chopped fresh parsley|
|1 tbsp. chopped fresh oregano|
|1/2 c. plus 2 tbsp. olive oil|
|2 garlic cloves, grated|
|2 tsp. lemon zest|
|1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice|
|2 tsp. honey|
|1/4 tsp. red chile flakes|
|1 c. chopped mixed olives|
- Add lamb chops to a resealable plastic bag. Season with salt and pepper; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together parsley, oregano, 1/2 cup olive oil, garlic, lemon zest, salt, pepper, honey, and chile flakes. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the marinade in a small bowl. Pour the remaining marinade over the lamb. Seal the bag, and gently massage the marinade into the lamb chops. Refrigerate at least one hour or overnight. Add the olives to the remaining unused marinade; stir in the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil; cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Remove the lamb and olive mixture from the refrigerator 30 minutes before grilling. Meanwhile, pre-heat the grill to medium-high heat, 400° to 450°. Oil the grill grates well. Remove the lamb chops from the marinade and scrape off any excess marinade. Discard the remaining marinade.
- Grill the lamb chops uncovered until grill marks appear, 3 to 4 minutes for rib chops, or 4 to 5 minutes for loin chops. Turn the chops, and grill until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the meat registers 135°, 3 to 4 minutes for rib chops, or 4 to 5 minutes for loin chops. Cover cooked lamb chops with foil, and let rest 5 minutes.
- Stir the olive mixture to recombine the ingredients; spoon over the lamb just before serving.
CHARGRILLED LAMB STEAKS WITH GARLIC AND ROSEMARY RECIPE – FOOD …
Total time: 25 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Yield: 6 serving(s)
|6 lamb steaks, cut from the top of the leg each about 2/3-inch thick (1.5 cm)|
|3 garlic cloves, bruised and cut into small pieces|
|1 tablespoon fresh rosemary|
|1/2 cup olive oil (125 ml)|
|pepper, freshly ground|
- Remove the small round bone from the center of each lamb steak.
- Place the garlic in a large, shallow nonreactive dish and place the steaks on top. Sprinkle with the rosemary and pour the olive oil over the top. Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours, turning once.
- Preheat a broiler or griller on high or prepare a fire in a barbecue. When very hot, remove steaks from marinade, reserving marinade, and place them on the griller tray or barbecue rack. Sear quickly on both sides to seal in the juices. Sprinkle with salt and grind some black pepper over each steak and leave to cook to individual taste, painting with the marinade during cooking.
- The steaks are at their best when cooked and still pink inside, about 5 minutes on the first side and 3 minutes on the second side.
- Serve immediately.
Calories 161.7, FatContent 18, SaturatedFatContent 2.5, CholesterolContent 0, SodiumContent 0.7, CarbohydrateContent 0.6, FiberContent 0.1, SugarContent 0, ProteinContent 0.1