HALLOUMI SALAD RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
Liven up your lunchtime salads with a few slices of halloumi. This salty Cypriot cheese balances well with fresh vegetables, herbs, grains and pulses, including chickpeas, quinoa and bulgur recette gratin dauphinois sans lait recettes.
Provided by: Good Food team
|Halloumi salad recipes|
BEST FRIED HALLOUMI SALAD RECIPE
This colorful Fried Halloumi Salad combines cheese, avocado, orange, and arugula with chickpeas and buttery green olives.
Provided by: DELISH.COM
Total time: 25 minutes
Prep time: 0S
Cook time: 0S
Yield: 2-4 servings
|2 tbsp. lemon juice|
|1/4 c. extra-virgin olive oil|
|2 tbsp. freshly chopped dill|
|2 tbsp. freshly chopped mint|
|Freshly ground black pepper|
|1 c. canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained|
|1 small head fennel, cored and thinly sliced|
|1/4 c. green olives, such as Castelvetranos, pitted and roughly chopped|
|2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil|
|8 oz. halloumi, cut into 1/4″ slices|
|1 pita, torn into bite-sized pieces|
|2 c. loosely packed arugula|
|1 medium naval orange, cut into segments|
|1/2 ripe avocado|
|Red pepper flakes|
- In a large bowl, whisk together all dressing ingredients and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add chickpeas, fennel, and olives to bowl with dressing and toss to combine.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon oil. Add halloumi and cook until charred and golden on both sides, about 4 to 6 minutes total. Remove cheese to a large plate.
- In the same skillet over medium heat, heat remaining oil. Add pita and toast until golden and crisp, about 4 minutes. Remove to plate with halloumi.
- Add arugula, halloumi, and pita to bowl with chickpeas, fennel, and olives and toss to combine. Remove peel and pit from avocado half if necessary and cut crosswise into thin slices.
- Add orange segments and avocado slices and toss very gently until combined. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes, and serve.