HARISSA EGGS IN PURGATORY
Provided by: Gina
Total time: 20 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
|1/2 tsp olive oil|
|2 tbsp minced red onion|
|14.5 oz can petite tomatoes|
|2 tbsp prepared Harissa (I used Mina or more if you like it spicier)|
|4 large eggs|
|salt and pepper (to taste)|
|1 tsp fresh chopped parsley or chives|
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat, add the oil then the onion and saute until golden, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, harissa, salt and pepper and increase the heat to medium-high and simmer until the liquid reduces a bit, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, carefully add the eggs, salt and pepper and cover.
- Cook until the top of the eggs set, about 4 to 5 minutes, or to your liking.
- Top with chopped fresh parsley or chives and serve.
ServingSize 1 egg with sauce, Calories 102.5 kcal, CarbohydrateContent 5 g, ProteinContent 7 g, FatContent 5 g, CholesterolContent 175 mg, SodiumContent 253 mg, FiberContent 1.5 g, SugarContent 2 g
BAKED EGGS AND GREENS IN HARISSA TOMATO SAUCE RECIPE | BON …
Provided by: Kendra Vaculin
Yield: 4 servings
|1 28-oz. can whole peeled tomatoes|
|½ small loaf country-style bread, torn into 2″ pieces (about 3 cups)|
|5 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided, plus more for serving|
|Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper|
|2 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped|
|3 Tbsp. capers|
|¼ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes|
|3 Tbsp. harissa paste|
|1 Tbsp. double-concentrated tomato paste|
|1 bunch Tuscan kale, ribs and stems removed, leaves coarsely chopped|
|4 large eggs|
|1 cup plain whole-milk Greek yogurt|
|Coarsely chopped parsley (for serving)|
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place tomatoes in a medium bowl and crush with your hands into small pieces. Set aside.
- Place bread in a large bowl. Drizzle 2 Tbsp. oil over and season with salt and black pepper; toss to coat. Heat 2 Tbsp. oil in a medium ovenproof high-sided skillet over medium-high. Transfer bread to skillet, arranging in an even layer; reserve bowl. Cook bread, undisturbed, until browned and crisp underneath, about 3 minutes. Continue to cook, tossing occasionally, until browned and crisp on all sides, about 3 minutes more. Return to reserved bowl.
- Pour remaining 1 Tbsp. oil into skillet. Add garlic, capers, and red pepper flakes. Cook, stirring often, until starting to soften, about 1 minute. Add harissa paste and tomato paste and cook, stirring constantly, until garlic and capers are coated and pastes are dark red, about 1 minute. Add kale and reserved tomatoes; season with salt and black pepper. Cook, stirring often, until kale is slightly wilted and sauce is slightly thickened, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir toasted bread into sauce, then make 4 wells in mixture. Crack an egg into each well and season with salt and black pepper. Transfer skillet to oven and bake mixture until egg whites are set but yolks are still runny, 5–8 minutes.
- To serve, dollop yogurt on top of baked eggs, drizzle with more oil, and scatter parsley over.
HARISSA DEVILED EGGS RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: thedailygourmet
Categories: No Mayo Deviled Eggs
Total time: 30 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Yield: 6 deviled eggs
|⅓ cup Greek yogurt|
|1 tablespoon harissa paste|
|½ teaspoon garlic salt|
|½ teaspoon ground cumin|
|2 pinches smoked paprika, or to taste|
|ground black pepper to taste|
- Place eggs in a large saucepan. Cover with cool water by 1 inch. Cover with a lid and bring water to a boil. Cook until yolks are set, 6 to 7 minutes. Transfer eggs to an ice bath.
- Cut cooled eggs in half lengthwise and carefully remove yolks to a large bowl. Mash yolks with a fork; add yogurt, harissa, garlic salt, cumin, 1 pinch paprika, and pepper. Stir until fully combined and smooth.
- Place yolk mixture into a piping bag or a plastic bag with a corner snipped off. Pipe mixture into the egg whites. Sprinkle some paprika on top. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Calories 81.3 calories, CarbohydrateContent 1.4 g, CholesterolContent 166.2 mg, FatContent 5.7 g, FiberContent 0.2 g, ProteinContent 6.3 g, SaturatedFatContent 1.9 g, SodiumContent 233.6 mg, SugarContent 0.8 g