HERB-ROASTED PORK LOIN RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
Provided by: Maggie Ruggiero
Total time: 1 1/2 hr
Cook time: 20 min
Yield: Makes 8 servings
|1 (4-to 4 1/2-pound) boneless pork loin roast, trimmed|
|2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided|
|6 rosemary sprigs, divided|
|8 large thyme sprigs, divided|
|8 sage sprigs, divided|
|8 savory sprigs (optional), divided|
|1/2 cup finely chopped shallots (4 to 5)|
|2 tablespoons finely chopped garlic|
|3 tablespoons Dijon mustard|
|1/3 cup dry vermouth|
|2 teaspoons Dijon mustard|
|1 3/4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth|
|1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter|
|1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour|
- Preheat oven to 350°F with rack in middle.
- Pat pork dry and season with 1 3/4 teaspoons salt and 1 1/2 teaspoons pepper. Straddle a flameproof roasting pan over 2 burners, then heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat until it shimmers. Brown pork on all sides, then transfer to a large plate.
- Put a metal rack in pan and arrange half of herbs down middle of rack. Stir together shallots, garlic, mustard, and 1 tablespoon oil and smear over top and sides of roast, then put roast, fat side up, on top of herbs. Roast 1 hour. Toss remaining herbs with remaining teaspoon oil and arrange on top of roast.
- Continue roasting until an instant-read thermometer registers 140 to 145°F, 5 to 15 minutes more (temperature will rise 5 to 10 degrees as it rests). Transfer pork to a cutting board and let rest 15 to 25 minutes.
- Remove rack from pan and discard herbs from rack. Straddle pan across 2 burners on medium heat. Add vermouth and mustard and deglaze by boiling, stirring and scraping up brown bits, until reduced by half. Add broth and simmer 3 minutes. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve into a 2-cup measure. If you have more than 1 1/2 cups, boil to reduce; if less, add water.
- Melt butter in a heavy medium saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in flour and cook, whisking, until pale golden, about 3 minutes. Whisk in vermouth mixture and simmer until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Serve pork with sauce.
- Marimar Estate Don Miguel Vineyard ’06
HERB ROASTED PORK RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: WENDEE_H
Categories: Pork Recipes
Total time: 3 hours 20 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 3 hours 0 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
|1 teaspoon rubbed sage|
|½ teaspoon salt|
|¼ teaspoon pepper|
|1 clove garlic, crushed|
|1 (5 pound) boneless pork loin|
|½ cup sugar|
|1 tablespoon cornstarch|
|¼ cup vinegar|
|¼ cup water|
|2 tablespoons soy sauce|
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- In a bowl, combine sage, salt, pepper, and garlic. Rub thoroughly all over pork. Place pork in an uncovered roasting pan on the middle oven rack.
- Bake in the preheated oven approximately 3 hours, or until the internal temperature reaches at least 145 degrees F (63 degrees C), depending upon your desired doneness.
- Meanwhile, place sugar, cornstarch, vinegar, water, and soy sauce in a small saucepan. Heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture begins to bubble and thicken slightly. Brush roast with glaze 3 or 4 times during the last 1/2 hour of cooking. Pour remaining glaze over roast, and serve.
Calories 472.1 calories, CarbohydrateContent 13.9 g, CholesterolContent 137.8 mg, FatContent 24.6 g, FiberContent 0.1 g, ProteinContent 45.8 g, SaturatedFatContent 9 g, SodiumContent 470.4 mg, SugarContent 12.6 g
HERB-RUBBED PORK LOIN RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Provided by: Taste of Home
Total time: 01 hours 15 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 60 minutes
Yield: 12 servings.
|1 tablespoon olive oil|
|2 teaspoons each minced fresh marjoram, rosemary, sage and thyme|
|1 teaspoon salt|
|1/2 teaspoon pepper|
|1 boneless whole pork loin roast (4 pounds)|
|1 cup water|
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, herbs, salt and pepper; rub over pork. Place roast on a rack in a large shallow roasting pan. Pour water into pan., Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until a thermometer reads 160°. Transfer to a serving platter. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
Calories 198 calories, FatContent 8g fat (3g saturated fat), CholesterolContent 75mg cholesterol, SodiumContent 240mg sodium, CarbohydrateContent 0 carbohydrate (0 sugars, FiberContent 0 fiber), ProteinContent 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges 4 lean meat.
How to cook herb rub pork loin roast?
Herb-rubbed roasted pork loin with a sweet, tangy glaze. Read the full recipe after the video. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). In a bowl, combine sage, salt, pepper, and garlic. Rub thoroughly all over pork. Place pork in an uncovered roasting pan on the middle oven rack.
How to cook pork loin roast in oven?
Make a mixture of olive oil, garlic, fresh rosemary and fresh thyme. Place pork loin in a roasting dish, and season with salt and pepper. Spread herb & garlic mixture over the pork loin. Roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes per pound, or until the center reads 145 degrees F in the middle. Rest for at least 10 minutes before slicing.
How to cook pork loin with garlic and Rosemary?
Crush garlic with rosemary, salt and pepper, making a paste. Pierce meat with a sharp knife in several places and press the garlic paste into the openings. Rub the meat with the remaining garlic mixture and olive oil. Place pork loin into oven, turning and basting with pan liquids.
How to cook pork tenderloin with Garlic Herb oil?
Use your hands to kind of crush the herbs. Add the minced garlic, 2 Tbsp olive oil, 1/2 tsp salt, and some freshly cracked black pepper to the bowl with the herbs and stir to combine. Place a 1.3-1.5 lb. pork tenderloin in a baking dish or on a baking sheet and rub the garlic herb oil mixture over the entire surface.