SWEET POLISH SAUSAGE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Bea Gassman
Categories: Polish Recipes
Total time: 2 hours 0 minutes
Prep time: 1 hours 0 minutes
Cook time: 1 hours 0 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
|2 pounds kielbasa sausage, cut into 1 inch pieces|
|⅓ cup Worcestershire sauce|
|1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice|
|1 onion, chopped|
|½ cup brown sugar|
|2 dashes hot pepper sauce|
|⅔ cup water|
- Place sausage in a large saucepan. Add water to cover and simmer over low heat for 1 hour. Drain, remove sausage and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In the same saucepan combine the Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, onion, sugar, hot pepper sauce and water. Bring all to a boil, stirring. Place reserved sausage in a 9×13-inch baking dish and cover it with the sauce mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 hour.
Calories 836.7 calories, CarbohydrateContent 40.9 g, CholesterolContent 149.8 mg, FatContent 62 g, FiberContent 0.4 g, ProteinContent 28.2 g, SaturatedFatContent 21 g, SodiumContent 2296 mg, SugarContent 34 g
KIELBASA, HOW TO COOK FRESH HOMEMADE KIELBASA RECIPE – FOOD.COM
Total time: 55 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 50 minutes
Yield: 8-10 serving(s)
|2 -4 lbs fresh kielbasa, not smoked, uncooked|
|1 onion, quartered|
|1 teaspoon marjoram (optional)|
|1/2 bay leaf|
|peppercorn, a few|
|1 -2 garlic clove, smashed|
|mustard seeds, a few|
- If the kielbasa is frozen, thaw it a little. Place fresh kielbasa in pot with 1 quartered onion, several peppercorns, garlic cloves, 1 teaspoon marjoram (optional) and half a bay leaf. The addition of spices helps replace the seasoning that boils out during cooking.
- Add enough boiling water to cover.
- Cover and simmer on very LOW heat for about 50-60 minutes. Too rapid boiling may cause the sausage to burst. DO NOT prick sausages; they become dry. Let cool in cooking liquid.
- Sausage comes out moist and delicious, but not brown.
- Can be frozen after cooking. Wrap very well. Vac seal if you can.
Calories 356, FatContent 30.9, SaturatedFatContent 10.5, CholesterolContent 74.8, SodiumContent 1024.4, CarbohydrateContent 4.6, FiberContent 0.2, SugarContent 2.4, ProteinContent 14