SPIRALIZED SHANGHAI BEEF AND BROCCOLI – SKINNYTASTE
Provided by: Gina
Total time: 150 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
|1/4 cup hoisin sauce|
|1/4 cup fresh squeezed orange juice|
|2 tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce|
|2 6 oz total 2-inch thick broccoli stems, spiralized|
|2 5 ounce sirloin steaks, 1” thick|
|2 cups broccoli florets|
|1 teaspoon aji sesame oil|
|1/4 large white onion (julienned)|
|1 tablespoon garlic (minced)|
|1 tablespoon fresh ginger (minced)|
- Combine the hoisin, orange juice and soy sauce with a whisk and reserve. Add sirloin steaks to marinade and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- While steaks are marinating, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Place the broccoli in a wire basket and cook for about 3 to 4 minutes at a slow boil to blanch. Remove from pot and place in ice water to stop the cooking process. Let sit in ice bath for a couple minutes until chilled.
- Remove steak from refrigerator and allow to come to room temperature for about 5 minutes before cooking. Remove from marinade, reserving the marinade for later.
- Heat a medium nonstick sauté pan on high heat, spray with oil when hot then place the steaks and cook 3 minutes on each side (for medium-rare). Transfer to a cutting board.
- Add the reserved marinade to the skillet, reduce heat to medium-low, bring to a boil and simmer 2 to 3 minutes.
- While the steaks are cooking, place the sesame oil in a large nonstick skillet, add the onions, garlic and ginger and cook on high 1 to 2 minutes. Add the broccoli noodles, season with salt and cook 3 minutes. Add the blanched broccoli and cook until hot.
- Divide the zoodles unto 2 separate plates. Place the beef on a cutting board and cut into thin strips. Lay steak on top of the noodles, top with sauce and serve.
ServingSize 1 /2, Calories 349 kcal, CarbohydrateContent 29 g, ProteinContent 36 g, FatContent 9 g, SaturatedFatContent 0.5 g, CholesterolContent 61 mg, SodiumContent 1230 mg, FiberContent 5 g, SugarContent 5 g
SPIRALIZED BROCCOLI SALAD RECIPE | BBC GOOD FOOD
Provided by: Sophie Godwin – Cookery writer
Categories: Dinner, Main course, Supper
Total time: 30 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
|1 broccoli head, head cut into florets, stalk spiralized|
|2 tbsp olive oil|
|1 tsp sumac|
|120g pack green beans|
|1 tbsp toasted flaked almonds|
|½ small pack of parsley , roughly chopped|
|150g pot natural yogurt|
|juice of ½ lemon|
|2 tbsp tahini|
- Preheat the oven to 200c/180 Fan/Gas Mark 6. Put the florets onto a baking tray, drizzle over the oil and sumac then season with sea salt and black pepper. Roast for 20 mins, turning halfway until the florets are slightly charred and completely tender.
- Meanwhile, mix all the ingredients together with some seasoning in a small bowl for the yogurt dressing, adding a splash of water so that it is a drizzling consistency.
- Once the roasted broccoli is nearly cooked, bring a small pan of salted water to the boil. Plunge in the green beans and cook for 1 1/2 mins, then add the spiralized broccoli stalk. Cook for a further 30 seconds then drain.
- Toss all the veg together on two plates or a platter, drizzle over the yogurt dressing then scatter over the toasted flaked almonds and parsley to serve.
Calories 341 calories, FatContent 24 grams fat, SaturatedFatContent 4 grams saturated fat, CarbohydrateContent 11 grams carbohydrates, SugarContent 8 grams sugar, FiberContent 11 grams fiber, ProteinContent 15 grams protein, SodiumContent 0.3 milligram of sodium