BEST TOMATO SOUP EVER RECIPE | REE DRUMMOND | FOOD NETWORK
Provided by: Ree Drummond Bio & Top Recipes
Total time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
|1 medium white or yellow onion|
|6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) butter|
|Two 14.5-ounce cans diced tomatoes|
|One 46-ounce bottle or can tomato juice|
|3 to 6 tablespoons sugar|
|1 or 2 tablespoons chicken base, or 3 chicken bouillon cubes|
|Freshly ground black pepper|
|1 cup sherry, optional|
|1 1/2 cups heavy cream|
|1/4 cup chopped fresh basil|
|1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley|
- To begin, dice the onion. Melt the butter in a large pot or Dutch oven. Throw in the onion and cook until translucent.
- Now dump in the diced tomatoes and stir to combine. Add the tomato juice.
- Next – and this is important – in order to combat the acidity of the tomatoes add 3 to 6 tablespoons of sugar. Now, you’ll want to start on the low side, then taste and add more as needed. Some tomatoes and juice have more of an acidic bite than others. (For what it’s worth, and I realize it’s not worth much, I use 6 tablespoons of sugar.)
- Next, add 1 or 2 tablespoons chicken base to the pot. I added 3, and it wound up being a little too much.
- Now you can add lots of freshly ground black pepper. Stir to combine, then heat almost to a boil. Then turn off the heat.
- Add in the sherry if desired. Stir in the cream. Add the basil and parsley and stir.
- Serve the soup warm!
TOMATO, APPLE AND CELERY JUICE RECIPE – FOOD.COM
Total time: 4 minutes
Prep time: 2 minutes
Cook time: 2 minutes
Yield: 1 juice drink, 1 serving(s)
|3 tomatoes (vine-ripened)|
|1 celery rib|
|3 cm ginger (piece fresh)|
|1 large apple|
|ice cube (to serve)|
|1 celery & leaves (to serve)|
- Push the tomatoes , celery, ginge and apple through the chute of a juicer.
- Fill a glass with ice cubes and pour the juice over and stir with a celery stick.
Calories 195.2, FatContent 1.2, SaturatedFatContent 0.2, CholesterolContent 0, SodiumContent 84.7, CarbohydrateContent 47.5, FiberContent 11.1, SugarContent 34.3, ProteinContent 4.4