EASY CRÈME FRAÎCHE RECIPE FROM FERMENTED FOODS AT EVERY MEAL
Provided by: Hayley Barisa Ryczek
Total time: 1442 minutes
Prep time: 2 minutes
|2 cups heavy or whipping cream|
|2 tablespoons cultured buttermilk or packaged starter|
- Place the cream and buttermilk in a jar with a lid. Cover securely and shake for 15 seconds. Remove the lid and cover with the cheesecloth, securing with a rubber band or string. Set aside at room temperature for 12 to 24 hours until thickened similar to sour cream. (This time frame will vary depending on the cream and the temperature of your home.)
- Stir the thickened crème fraîche well. Replace the lid tightly and refrigerate for at least 6 hours before serving. It will become even thicker as it chills. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
ServingSize 2 Tablespoons, Calories 103 kcal, CarbohydrateContent 1 g, ProteinContent 1 g, FatContent 11 g, SaturatedFatContent 7 g, CholesterolContent 34 mg, SodiumContent 15 mg, SugarContent 1 g, UnsaturatedFatContent 3 g
KEFIR SOUR CREAM RECIPE | SIDECHEF
Provided by: Food Guru
Categories: Healthy,Vegetarian,Pescatarian,Easy,Nut-Free,Shellfish-Free,Overnight,Raw,Weekend Project,Beginner,Gluten-Free,Egg-Free,Soy-Free,Fish-Free,Peanut-Free,Tree Nut-Free,Grain-Free,Sugar-Free,Tomato-Free
Total time: 300S
|1 quart Heavy Cream|
|1 teaspoon Live Kefir Grains|
- Cut a piece of cheesecloth and place Live Kefir Grains (1 teaspoon) onto the cheesecloth and tie the corners together to secure the grains.
- Fill a quart size mason jar with Heavy Cream (1 quart) and push the cheesecloth into the cream to submerge it. Cover jar with a plastic lid, coffee filter or tea towel and rubber band it to the lip of the mason jar.
- Let it sit at room temperature for 24-36 hours on the counter.
- Remove grains and reserve for another use. Serve and enjoy!
Calories 789 calories, ProteinContent 0.1 g, FatContent 78.9 g, CarbohydrateContent 15.9 g, FiberContent 0 g, SugarContent 0.1 g, SodiumContent 0.9 mg, SaturatedFatContent 55.2 g, TransFatContent 0 g, CholesterolContent 314.7 mg