COPYCAT KFC™ ORIGINAL-STYLE CHICKEN RECIPE – TABLESPOON.COM
Provided by: Macheesmo
Total time: 1 hours 0 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
|1 tablespoon paprika|
|2 teaspoons onion salt|
|1 teaspoon chili powder|
|1 teaspoon black pepper|
|1/2 teaspoon celery salt|
|1/2 teaspoon dried sage|
|1/2 teaspoon garlic powder|
|1/2 teaspoon ground allspice|
|1/2 teaspoon dried oregano|
|1/2 teaspoon dried basil|
|1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram|
|1 1/2 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour|
|1 tablespoon brown sugar|
|1 tablespoon kosher salt|
|1 whole chicken (2 breasts, 2 thighs, 2 drumsticks, 2 wings)|
|1 egg white|
|2 quarts neutral oil, for frying|
- Preheat fryer to 350°F. Thoroughly mix together all spices.
- Combine spices with flour, brown sugar and salt.
- Dip chicken pieces in egg white to lightly coat them, then transfer to flour mixture. Turn a few times and make sure the flour mix is really stuck to the chicken. Repeat with all the chicken pieces.
- Let chicken pieces rest for 5 minutes so crust has a chance to dry a bit.
- Fry chicken in batches. Breasts and wings should take 12-14 minutes, and legs and thighs will need a few more minutes. Chicken pieces are done when a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part reads 165°F.
- Let chicken drain on a few paper towels when it comes out of the fryer. Serve hot.
Calories 418.0 , CarbohydrateContent 40.5 g, CholesterolContent 27.8 mg, FiberContent 2.5 g, ProteinContent 15.4 g, SaturatedFatContent 2.5 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, SodiumContent 1495.4 mg, SugarContent 2.6 g
HOMEMADE KFC FRIED CHICKEN RECIPE | SIDECHEF
Provided by: Nicko's Kitchen
Categories: Quick and Easy,Finger Food,Kid-Friendly,Quick,Make Ahead,Shellfish-Free,Overnight,Full Meal,Egg-Free,Soy-Free,Fish-Free,Peanut-Free,Tree Nut-Free,Sugar-Free,Tomato-Free,Stove
Total time: 1200S
|4 cup All-Purpose Flour|
|1 teaspoon Salt|
|1 teaspoon Ground White Pepper|
|2 teaspoon Garlic Salt|
|4 teaspoon Paprika|
|1 teaspoon Dried Thyme|
|1 teaspoon Dried Ginger|
|1 teaspoon Dried Basil|
|2/3 teaspoon Dried Oregano|
|1 teaspoon Celery Salt|
|1 teaspoon Dry Mustard|
|1 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper|
|2 1/2 cup Buttermilk|
|8 Chicken Drumstick|
|as needed Frying Oil|
- In a large bowl, mix Paprika (2 teaspoon), Dried Thyme (1/2 teaspoon), Dried Ginger (1/2 teaspoon), Garlic Salt (1 teaspoon), Dried Basil (1/2 teaspoon), Dried Oregano (1/3 teaspoon), Celery Salt (1/2 teaspoon), Dry Mustard (1/2 teaspoon), Ground Black Pepper (1/2 teaspoon), Ground White Pepper (1/2 teaspoon), Salt (1/2 teaspoon), and Buttermilk (2 1/2 cup) together.
- Place the Chicken Drumstick (8) into the buttermilk and spice mixture. Coat well. Leave to marinate in the fridge for 24 hours.
- In another bowl, add All-Purpose Flour (4 cup), Paprika (2 teaspoon), Dried Thyme (1/2 teaspoon), Dried Ginger (1/2 teaspoon), Garlic Salt (1 teaspoon), Dried Basil (1/2 teaspoon), Dried Oregano (1/3 teaspoon), Celery Salt (1/2 teaspoon), Dry Mustard (1/2 teaspoon), Ground Black Pepper (1/2 teaspoon), Ground White Pepper (1/2 teaspoon), and Salt (1/2 teaspoon).
- Thoroughly coat the chicken in the flour and spice mixture.
- Heat Frying Oil (as needed) in a pot. Fry chicken for 8 minutes, placing finished pieces on a paper towel.
- Serve and enjoy!
Calories 392 calories, ProteinContent 10.1 g, FatContent 26.8 g, CarbohydrateContent 26.9 g, FiberContent 1.2 g, SugarContent 2.0 g, SodiumContent 466.1 mg, SaturatedFatContent 7.6 g, TransFatContent 0.1 g, CholesterolContent 63.5 mg, UnsaturatedFatContent 16.4 g
What is the recipe for Kentucky Fried Chicken?
Kentucky Fried Chicken Recipe. Ingredients. 1 whole chicken, cut into pieces. 2 to 3 eggs, beaten. 3 to 4 tablespoons oil for frying. For the coating: 2 cups flour. 4 teaspoons paprika.
What is the secret ingredient in Kentucky Fried Chicken?
This copycat Kentucky Fried Chicken recipe (the original remains a secret) contains 11 herbs and spices, but the keys to the delicious flavor are monosodium glutamate (MSG) and the use of a pressure fryer.
How do you make KFC chicken crispy?
Combine KFC’s secret recipe for its breading with 2 cups of flour to thoroughly coat your chicken pieces after dipping in an egg and milk wash. According to Ron Douglas, author of America’s Most Wanted Recipes, the real key to the perfect crispy texture is one thing: monosodium glutamate (MSG).
How do you make KFC chicken taste like KFC?
Accent, or MSG, adds authentic flavor, so do not eliminate it if you want your chicken to closely resemble the original KFC recipe. Let the chicken sit for 20 to 30 minutes after you roll it in the flour mixture so the coating sticks when you drop the pieces into the fryer. For KFC-level crispiness, you need to use a pressure fryer.