EASY BEEF ENCHILADAS RECIPE – BETTYCROCKER.COM
Provided by: BETTYCROCKER.COM
Total time: 50 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
|1 lb ground beef (at least 80% lean)|
|2 cans (10 oz each) Old El Paso™ red enchilada sauce|
|1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles|
|1 package (8.2 oz) Old El Paso™ flour tortillas for soft tacos & fajitas (6 inch)|
|1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (6 oz)|
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 13×9-inch (3-quart) baking dish or pan with cooking spray.
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked; drain. Stir in 1/2 cup of the enchilada sauce and the chiles.
- Spread 1/2 cup of the enchilada sauce evenly in baking dish. Spread 1/4 cup beef mixture down center of each tortilla; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon cheese. Wrap tortillas tightly around filling, placing seam side down in baking dish. Top with remaining enchilada sauce. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Calories 470 , CarbohydrateContent 33 g, CholesterolContent 90 mg, FatContent 2 , FiberContent 0 g, ProteinContent 27 g, SaturatedFatContent 12 g, ServingSize 2 Enchiladas, SodiumContent 1410 mg, SugarContent 0 g, TransFatContent 2 g
CHEESY CHICKEN ENCHILADAS RECIPE – MEXICAN RECIPES – OLD EL PASO
Categories: Lunch & Dinner,Chicken,Enchiladas
Total time: 25 minutes
Yield: 3 Servings
|1 Old El Paso™ Cheesy Baked Enchilada Kit|
|500 g tender chicken breast|
|150 g grated cheese|
- These cheesy enchiladas are quick and easy, just crank the oven to 180°C (Gas Stop 4)
- Slice the tender chicken into thin strips.
- Get the pan sizzling hot and add a splash of oil. Throw in the tender chicken strips and stir-fry over a medium heat until it’s golden, juicy and cooked right through.
- In a bowl, stir up the Enchilada Spice Mix with both parts of the Tomato Sauce sachet and 150 ml hot water.
- Pour half of the mixture over the chicken, add half the grated cheese and stir it up.
- Pierce the packaging of the Soft Corn Tortillas and microwave on full power for 35-40 seconds or heat in the oven following the pack instructions. Keep them covered until ready to serve.
- Now, spoon the filling onto the middle of the warm tortillas, wrap them up and lay them folded side down onto a lightly greased baking dish.
- Pour over the remaining sauce and sprinkle on the rest of the grated cheese.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven for 10 minutes, until the cheese is golden and bubbling.
- Take out the piping hot cheesy enchiladas, gather up all your hungry guests and get stuck in together!
How to make the best enchilada sauce?
In a small bowl, combine the salt, cumin, chili powder, smoked paprika, and pepper. Add 1/2 teaspoon of the spice mixture to the enchilada sauce (reserve the remaining spice mix for the beef). Bring the sauce a simmer over medium heat; Remove from the heat and set aside. In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat.
What are chicken enchiladas made of?
A spicy chicken and chile pepper mixture is blended with a creamy soup mixture, rolled up in flour tortillas, and baked with Cheddar cheese on top. This is an easy chicken enchiladas recipe that you will love.
How do you fill tortillas for enchiladas?
Place the filling (about 1/3 cup per tortilla) onto one edge of each tortilla. Roll up tortillas and place them, seam side down, in a row in the baking dish. This deters the tortillas from curling up during baking and helps to keep them rolled. Pour the enchilada sauce evenly over the enchiladas.
How to cook enchiladas in microwave?
In a bowl, stir up the Enchilada Spice Mix with both parts of the Tomato Sauce sachet and 150 ml hot water. Pour half of the mixture over the chicken, add half the grated cheese and stir it up. Pierce the packaging of the Soft Corn Tortillas and microwave on full power for 35-40 seconds or heat in the oven following the pack instructions.