GORDON RAMSAY BUTTER CHICKEN | INDIAN RECIPES | GOODTO
Provided by: Gordon Ramsay
Total time: 50 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Yield: Serves: 4
|800g chicken, boneless and skinless, cut into 3-4cm pieces|
|2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely crushed|
|2cm ginger, peeled and finely grated|
|½ tsp fine sea salt|
|½ tsp hot chilli powder|
|1½ tbsp lemon juice|
|75ml natural yoghurt|
|½ tsp garam masala (mixed Indian spices)|
|½ tsp ground turmeric|
|1tsp ground cumin|
|1-2 tbsp vegetable oil, for brushing|
|1½ tbsp ghee or melted, unsalted butter|
|2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped|
|2cm ginger, peeled and finely chopped|
|1 cardamom pod, seeds lightly crushed|
|1tsp ground coriander|
|1tsp garam masala (mixed Indian spices)|
|1tsp ground turmeric|
|1tsp hot chilli powder, or to taste|
|275ml tomato pure|
|1tbsp lemon juice|
|40g unsalted butter|
|100ml double cream|
|1tbsp chopped coriander, to garnish|
- To make this chicken curry recipe, place the chicken in a bowl with the garlic, ginger, salt, chilli powder and lemon juice. Mix, cover with cling film and chill for 30 mins.
- Mix together the yogurt, garam masala, turmeric and cumin and add to the chicken, making sure that each piece is well coated with the mixture. Cover again and chill for 3-4 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/Fan 160ºC/gas mark 4. Put the marinated chicken pieces on a grill rack set on a baking tray and bake for 8-10 mins. Brush the chicken pieces with a little oil and turn them over. Bake for another 10-12 mins until just cooked through.
- For the sauce: Heat the ghee or butter in a pan and add the garlic and ginger. Fry for a min or so then add the cardamom, cloves, coriander, garam masala, turmeric and chilli powder.
- Stir well and fry for 1-2 mins until they give off a lovely aroma. Stir in the tomato pure and lemon juice and cook for another couple of mins. Add the chicken pieces to the sauce and stir well to coat.
- Finally, add the butter and cream and stir continuously until the butter has melted and the sauce is smooth. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Transfer to a warm bowl and serve hot, garnished with chopped coriander.
@context https//schema.org, Calories 699 Kcal, SugarContent 11.9 g, FatContent 41.8 g, SaturatedFatContent 19.6 g, SodiumContent 1.49 g, ProteinContent 65.8 g, CarbohydrateContent 14.3 g