SPICY MANGO CHICKEN WINGS RECIPE BY TASTY
Provided by: Hector Gomez
Yield: 2 servings
|½ cup flour|
|½ teaspoon chili powder|
|½ teaspoon garlic powder|
|½ teaspoon pepper|
|½ teaspoon salt|
|1 lb chicken wing|
|3 habanero peppers, optional, seeded or unseeded|
|2 cloves garlic|
|½ teaspoon paprika|
|¼ cup apple cider vinegar|
|2 tablespoons lime juice|
|¼ cup honey|
- Preheat oven to 425ºF (220ºC).
- In a small mixing bowl, combine flour, chili powder, garlic powder, pepper, and salt.
- Pat the chicken wings dry using a paper towel.
- Batter them in the flour mixture and place chicken wings on a wired baking sheet.
- Bake at 425ºF (220ºC) for 45 minutes, flipping halfway for even cooking.
- In a food processor or blender, mix together the mango, habanero peppers, garlic, paprika, apple cider vinegar, and lime juice. Blend until fully combined. The mixture should be a bright orange vibrant color.
- In a saucepan, combine honey with your mango habanero mixture at medium heat. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until your sauce reaches a prefered consistency.
- Fully coat your cooked wings in the sauce then place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 450ºF (230ºC) for 8-10 minutes or until sauce has slightly caramelized.
Calories 856 calories, CarbohydrateContent 100 grams, FatContent 35 grams, FiberContent 5 grams, ProteinContent 40 grams, SugarContent 67 grams
MANGO-HABANERO CHICKEN WINGS RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Jeff Reddy
Categories: Chicken Appetizers
Total time: 1 hours 53 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 1 hours 33 minutes
Yield: 30 wings
|30 chicken wing sections|
|1 (12 ounce) can mango nectar|
|¼ cup brown sugar|
|6 habanero peppers, stemmed|
|2 tablespoons soy sauce|
|1 tablespoon sriracha hot chili sauce|
|1 tablespoon rice vinegar|
|1 stick butter|
|3 cloves garlic, minced|
|2 tablespoons honey|
|1 cup cornstarch|
|2 cups vegetable oil for frying|
- Rinse chicken wings and pat dry with paper towels. Place wings on a baking sheet and refrigerate to dry a bit more.
- Combine mango nectar, brown sugar, habanero peppers, soy sauce, sriracha sauce, and vinegar in a food processor. Mix until peppers are pureed; seeds will still be visible. Remove food processor lid carefully; the pepper fumes can be strong.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add minced garlic; cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the mango-habanero mixture immediately; bring to a simmer, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to medium-low; add honey. Simmer, stirring frequently, until sauce is reduced by 75% and thickened to a glaze, 45 minutes to 1 hour. Remove from heat.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F (95 degrees C).
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Coat wings lightly with cornstarch. Place 5 to 6 wings in the hot oil; fry until golden brown and crispy, about 8 minutes. Place wings on a paper towel to absorb excess oil; transfer to the preheated oven to keep warm. Repeat until all wings have been fried and drained.
- Place wings in a large bowl. Pour half the sauce over the wings and mix, coating the wings with the sauce. Continue adding the remaining sauce until you have coated the wings to your liking.
Calories 450 calories, CarbohydrateContent 28.5 g, CholesterolContent 80.3 mg, FatContent 29 g, FiberContent 0.7 g, ProteinContent 18.6 g, SaturatedFatContent 10.6 g, SodiumContent 366.6 mg, SugarContent 14.1 g
GRILLED CRISPY MANGO-HABANERO WINGS RECIPE :: THE MEATWAVE
Provided by: Joshua Bousel
Total time: 9 hours 10 minutes
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Yield: 4-6 servings
|For the Sauce|
|1 1/2 cups diced peeled ripe mango|
|3-6 habanero peppers, to taste|
|1/3 cup rice vinegar|
|1/4 cup light brown sugar|
|2 tablespoons soy sauce|
|1 tablespoon canola or vegetable oil|
|2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh ginger|
|2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh garlic (about 2 medium cloves)|
|Kosher salt, to taste|
|For the Wings|
|1 tablespoon baking powder|
|2 teaspoons kosher salt|
|1 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper|
|1 teaspoon paprika|
|1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder|
|3 pounds chicken wings, cut into drumettes and flats|
|2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish|
- To make the sauce: Place mango, 3 habanero peppers, vinegar, brown sugar, and soy sauce in the jar of a blender and puree until smooth. Taste sauce and add in more habanero peppers to taste to reach desired spiciness, pureeing after each pepper addition until sauce is smooth.
- Place oil, ginger, and garlic in a medium saucepan set over medium heat and cook until garlic and ginger are faragarent, but not browned, 2 to 3 minutes. Pour in mango and habanero puree, stir to combine, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and let sauce simmer until slightly thickened, about 15 minutes. Remove sauce from heat and allow to cool. Transfer sauce to an airtight container and store in refrigerator until ready to use.
- To make the wings: In a small bowl, mix together baking powder, salt, white pepper, paprika, and chipotle powder. Place wings in a large bowl, pat dry with paper towels, and sprinkle in seasoning mixture. Toss until wings are evenly coated in the seasoning. Arrange wings in a single layer on a wire rack set inside a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil, leaving a little space between each wing. Place baking sheet with wings in the refrigerator for 8 hours to overnight.
- Light one chimney full of charcoal. When all the charcoal is lit and covered with gray ash, pour out and arrange the coals on one side of the charcoal grate. Set cooking grate in place, cover grill and allow to preheat for 5 minutes. Clean and oil the grilling grate. Place the wings skin side up over the cool side of the grill, cover, and cook until skins are crisp and browned, about 45 minutes.
- Transfer wings to a large bowl. Add in sauce and toss to thoroughly coat wings. Transfer wings to a platter, garnish with cilantro, and serve immediately.