DOUBLE VEAL RIBS WITH BERRY SAUCE – CASSEROLE & CHOCOLAT
Notice: Undefined variable: total_cooktime in /home/cassssyf/public_html/wp-content/plugins/solopine-recipe/solopine-recipe.php on line 757
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 2 hours
|3 double veal ribs|
|20 g butter|
|1 onion (for the sauce)|
|1 carrot (for the sauce)|
|2 tomatoes (for the sauce)|
|100 g berries (for the sauce)|
|20 cl white wine (for the sauce)|
|1 tablespoon zathar (for the sauce)|
|1/2 teaspoon paprika (for the sauce)|
|1/2 teaspoon red mild pepper (for the sauce)|
|1 teaspoon flower honey (for the sauce)|
|1,5 l veal broth (for the sauce)|
|2 tablespoons corn starch (for the sauce)|
|1 butternut (for the mashed butternut)|
|3 cloves of garlic (for the mashed butternut)|
|2 tablespoons olive oil (for the mashed butternut)|
|1 tablespoon zathar (for the mashed butternut)|
|Thyme (for the mashed butternut)|
- Preheat your oven at 90 degrees.
- Salt the veal ribs on each side.
- Stir fry with butter on each side in a large frying pan.
- Once golden, place them in a roasting pan.
- Cook in the oven for at least 2 hours.
- Cut the veggies (onion, tomatoes, carrot) and place them in the frying pan you just used for the veal (do not wash the pan). Stir fry.
- Add the berries and cook 2-3 minutes.
- Pour in a sauce pan.
- Add the white wine to the frying pan and boil for 3 minutes.
- Add the wine to the veggies. Add zathar, red mild pepper and paprika.
- Cook at medium heat and add from time to time 2 ladles of veal broth. When the sauce has evaporated, add more broth. Proceed like this until you use all the broth.
- When the gravy starts to concentrate, pour through a strainer. Keep the juice.
- Taste it and adjust seasoning with salt and spices. You can add pepper now too.
- Add the corn starch to thicken the sauce. Leave at low heat.
- Prepare the mashed butternut.
- Remove the skin of the butternut with a knife (be carefull…) and cut it in cubes.
- Stir fry at medium heat the butternut cubes with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, a pinch of salt, the grated garlic, zathar and stalks of thyme for 5 minutes.
- Cover and cook some more for 30 minutes at low heat (mix from time to time).
- When it’s cooked, pour in a large bowl, remove the thyme stalks and mix with your handmixer. You should get a smooth texture.
- Adjust seasoning.
- Check the meat temperature which should ba around 60 degres. If you’re not there yet, increase the oven temperature to 110 degrees for 10 more minutes.
- Serve the meat with the sauce and mashed butternut.
Calories , CarbohydrateContent , CholesterolContent , FatContent , FiberContent , ProteinContent , SaturatedFatContent , SodiumContent , SugarContent , TransFatContent , UnsaturatedFatContent