MILK MARINATED PORK CHOPS WITH APPLESAUCE RECIPE – FOOD.COM
Total time: 4 hours 20 minutes
Prep time: 4 hours
Cook time: 20 minutes
Yield: 8 pork chops
|2 -3 cups milk|
|2 teaspoons salt|
|8 pork chops (about 1/2-inch thick, with or without bone)|
|4 cups fresh breadcrumbs|
|1 -2 tablespoon minced fresh garlic or 1 teaspoon garlic powder|
|1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary|
|1/2 teaspoon dried thyme (rubbed between fingers to release flavors)|
|1 teaspoon seasoning salt (can use table salt)|
|1/4 cup oil|
|1/4 cup butter (more as needed) or 1/4 cup margarine (more as needed)|
|3 lbs apples (McIntosh or Gala apples are good fore this)|
|1/4 cup water|
|1/4 cup sugar (or to taste)|
|1 tablespoon cider vinegar|
|1/4 teaspoon allspice|
|1 pinch cinnamon (optional)|
- In a dish mix together milk and 2 teaspoons salt (make sure that the salt is dissolved).
- Add in pork chops.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or up to 4 hours (turning once within the hour).
- To make the applesauce: (this can be done a day ahead) peel, core and chop the apples.
- Place into a saucepan and add in the remaining ingredients; bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer covered, stirring occasionally until apples are very soft and falling apart (this should take about 15-20 minutes, adjusting the sugar to taste).
- Mash the apples with a fork; set aside.
- For the pork chops: in a bowl mix together bread crumbs, garlic, rosemary, thyme and 1 teaspoon seasoning salt or white salt and pepper.
- Lift the pork chops from the milk one at a time (shake off any excess milk).
- Dredge in the pork chops, lightly, patting down with hands to adhere the crumbs to the chops.
- Arrange onto a plate or tray.
- Heat oil and butter in a skillet.
- Sauté the pork chops (without crowding in the pan) until golden brown, adding more butter to the pan if needed.
- Serve the pork chops with applesauce.
Calories 702.8, FatContent 32.2, SaturatedFatContent 11.7, CholesterolContent 98.8, SodiumContent 1116.9, CarbohydrateContent 72, FiberContent 6.6, SugarContent 27.3, ProteinContent 32.3
MILK-BRAISED PORK CHOPS | LODGE CAST IRON
Provided by: Lodge Cast Iron
Prep time: 10 minutes
|2 tablespoons of olive oil|
|4 of bone-in pork chops, Frenched-boned*|
|1 teaspoon of salt|
|1 teaspoon of pepper|
|1 ½ cups of milk|
|1 cup of heavy cream|
|¼ teaspoon of baking soda|
|of Garlic, one head cut crosswise|
|10 of sprigs thyme|
- Preheat braiser over medium-high heat for 5 minutes. Add olive oil and swirl to coat.
- Season pork chops on all sides with salt and pepper. Sear pork chops 3-5 minutes per side. Remove chops and cover.
- Lower heat to medium and add milk, heavy cream, and baking soda. Bring to a simmer.
- Add chops, along with garlic and thyme, and cover for 45 minutes.
- Remove chops to a plate and simmer sauce, uncovered, until thickened, about 10 minutes.
How to make marinade for pork chops?
Pork Chop Marinade 1 In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the soy sauce, brown sugar, ketchup, apple cider vinegar, garlic, and olive oil. Whisk until blended. 2 Pierce pork chops all over with a fork. … 3 Pour the marinade over pork chops, squeeze out excess air and seal the bag. … 4 Place in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour or overnight*.
How to cook pork chops with garlic and milk?
Mix about 1 cup milk with the grated garlic cloves and distribute evenly all over the meat. Add the remaining milk, making sure that the chops are covered with the liquid. Cover the dish with its lid or with plastic foil and refrigerate for at least 2 hours and up to 24 hours.
Can You marinate pork in milk?
If you want truly tender pork, marinate in milk. Not only can you successfully marinate pork in milk, it turns out that dairy products are actually superior in their ability to tenderize meat than many more traditional marinade ingredients. If the idea seems odd, think of it as one step removed from marinating chicken in buttermilk prior to frying.
How to brine pork chops in milk?
How to brine pork in milk? 1 Sprinkle the meat generously with salt on both sides. 2 Place in the marinating dish. 3 Mix about 1 cup milk with the grated garlic cloves and distribute evenly all over the meat. 4 Add the remaining milk, making sure that the chops are covered with the liquid. More items…