MC DONALD’S CLASSIC FRENCH FRIES (COPYCAT) RECIPE – FOOD.COM
Total time: 2 hours 25 minutes
Prep time: 2 hours 18 minutes
Cook time: 7 minutes
Yield: 4-6 serving(s)
|4 medium peeled shoestring-cut russet potatoes|
|8 cups cold water|
|2 tablespoons fine sea salt|
|2 1/4 teaspoons granulated sugar|
|3/4 teaspoon white pepper|
|3/4 teaspoon citric acid or 2 tablespoons white vinegar|
|100% grass-fed beef tallow|
|fine flake sea salt|
- MIX the BRINE in a 3 quart pot with an accompanying lid.
- PEEL 4 medium russet potatoes; CUT potatoes into 1/4" shoestrings (try to make them as uniform as possible; I use an adjustable-blade French-fry cutter).
- PLACE cut potatoes into the brine container; SEAL and refrigerate for at least 2 hours; BRING pot with brine and potatoes to a full boil; BOIL for 1 1/2-2 minutes; DRAIN and rinse potatoes under cold water; BLOT potatoes as dry as possible.
- PLACE potatoes side-by-side into freezer bags without touching, and without crowding; SEAL bags and freeze flat in refrigerator for at least 2 hours (just make sure fries are frozen solid).
- FILL deep-fryer with proper amount of beef tallow (or oil/shortening blend), to manufacturer’s recommended amount; HEAT fryer in gradual increments to 375°F.
- PLACE 1/2 of the potatoes at a time into elevated deep-frying basket; GENTLY lower basket into hot fat.
- FRY for about 2 minutes but PAY ATTENTION TO THE COLOR — potato color should be light golden brown with just slightly darker ends (see photo, and pull a french fry with tongs to test doneness if necessary); ELEVATE fry basket and shake to drain excess fat; SECURE basket and let drain for 30 seconds.
- TRANSFER fries into colander placed in sink; REPEAT with remaining potatoes.
- SEASON french fries lightly with fine flake sea salt while tossing (eat immediately, or keep warmed for a limited time in a 170°F oven).
- SERVE french fries with your favorite condiment and ENJOY!
Calories 174.5, FatContent 0.2, SaturatedFatContent 0.1, CholesterolContent 0, SodiumContent 3498.2, CarbohydrateContent 39.9, FiberContent 4.8, SugarContent 4, ProteinContent 4.3
MCDONALD’S® FRIES RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Kenneth Smith
Categories: French Fries
Total time: 1 hours 15 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
|8 potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch thick fries|
|¼ cup white sugar|
|2 tablespoons corn syrup|
|1 quart canola oil, or as needed|
|sea salt to taste|
- Place potatoes in a bowl and cover with water; let sit for 5 minutes. Drain and pat dry.
- Place potatoes in a bowl and cover with boiling water; add sugar and corn syrup and mix well. Place bowl in the refrigerator and let sit for 5 minutes. Drain and pat dry.
- Spread potatoes out in a baking dish, cover the dish with plastic wrap, and freeze for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Working in batches, fry potatoes in hot oil for 2 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to dry and let cool for 15 minutes.
- Working in batches again, fry potatoes in hot oil until browned and crispy, 5 to 7 minutes. Season fries with sea salt.
Calories 599.9 calories, CarbohydrateContent 94.8 g, FatContent 22.4 g, FiberContent 9.4 g, ProteinContent 8.6 g, SaturatedFatContent 2.9 g, SodiumContent 111.9 mg, SugarContent 18.6 g