BEST MCDONALD’S APPLE PIE RECIPE
Provided by: DELISH.COM
Categories: vegetarian,birthday,feed a crowd,Fourth of July,baking,dessert
Total time: 1 hours
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 0S
Yield: 4 servings
|2 tbsp. butter|
|2 apples, peeled, cored, and chopped|
|1/4 c. packed brown sugar|
|1 tsp. cinnamon|
|1/4 tsp. kosher salt|
|Juice of ½ lemon|
|All-purpose flour, for surface|
|1 sheet puff pastry, thawed|
|1 egg, lightly beaten|
- Preheat oven to 400° and line a large baking sheet with parchment. In a medium pot over medium heat, melt butter. Add apples, sugar, cinnamon, salt, and lemon juice. Bring to a simmer and cook until apples are soft and most of the juice has cooked off, about 8 minutes. Let cool.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll puff pastry out to a 12” square. Divide into 8 rectangles.
- Spoon apples into center of 4 rectangles, leaving a ¼” border around puff pastry. Top with remaining rectangles and crimp edges together with a fork. Using a sharp knife or kitchen shears, cut 4 slits into tops of each pie.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg with 1 tablespoon cold water to create an egg wash. Brush onto pies. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Place pies onto prepared pan and bake until golden, 25 minutes.
MCDONALD’S STYLE HOT APPLE PIE RECIPE | SIDECHEF
Provided by: One Pot Chef Show
Categories: Vegetarian,Pescatarian,Finger Food,No-Bake,Easy,One-Pot,Shellfish-Free,Egg-Free,Soy-Free,Fish-Free,Peanut-Free,Tree Nut-Free,Classic,Tomato-Free,Stove
Total time: 3600S
|3 Green Apple|
|4 tablespoon Brown Sugar|
|1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon|
|1 teaspoon Ground Nutmeg|
|2 Puff Pastry|
|as needed Vegetable Oil|
- In a medium saucepan, add Green Apple (3), Brown Sugar (4 tablespoon), Ground Cinnamon (1 teaspoon) and Ground Nutmeg (1 teaspoon). Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the apples have softened.
- Take the apples off the heat and allow to cool for 30 minutes.
- Cut Puff Pastry (2) into fourths. With a finger, lightly wet the edges of the pastry. Spoon a small amount of the apple mixture onto one half of the pastry.
- Fold the pastry over and, using a fork, press the edges together. Place into the fridge for 15 minutes to firm up.
- In a wok, heat up Vegetable Oil (as needed). Place apple pies in a few at a time and allow to cook for 2-3 minutes, until golden and puffy.
- Allow pies to drain and then place them onto a plate lined with paper towels. Serve and enjoy!
Calories 14 calories, ProteinContent 0.1 g, FatContent 0.5 g, CarbohydrateContent 2.3 g, FiberContent 0.2 g, SugarContent 1.5 g, SodiumContent 3.3 mg, SaturatedFatContent 0.1 g, TransFatContent 0 g, CholesterolContent 0 mg, UnsaturatedFatContent 0.3 g
How do you make McDonald’s apple pies?
Heres how you make McDonalds apple pies : Combine butter, apples, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, and lemon juice in a shallow saucepan over medium heat. Cook this mixture until most of the liquid reduces, and the apples have softened. In a small bowl, mix the cornflour and water to make a slurry.
What makes McDonald’s apple pies so special?
In Canada, McDonalds apple pies are baked and cost under $2 for two pies which is extremely cheap and convenient. To me, there are a few things that make McDonalds apple pies so special. The first is their crust, its extremely soft and flakey at the same time. The second thing is their apple sauce which is what gives their pies most of the flavor.
Can you make McDonald’s holiday pie more than once?
Although this is a recipe that requires a bit of time once you know how to make McDonald’s Holiday Pie at home, you will probably be able to speed the process up, as we guarantee you will be making them more than once. The key is managing the temperature of your ingredients and being organized.
How much is a blueberry pie at McDonalds?
Each region gets to decide which pies it carries, but about 6,800 of McDonald’s 14,000 US locations are carrying the blueberry pie. Prices range from 99 cents to about $2.30, depending on where you live.