OLIVES AND TOMATO SALAD RECIPE – FOOD.COM
Total time: 1 hours 30 minutes
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 1 hours
Yield: 3 cups, 4-6 serving(s)
|1 large tomatoes, diced (about 2 cups)|
|15 medium green olives, sliced (about 1/2 cup)|
|25 medium black olives, sliced (about 1/2 cup)|
|1/2 cup scallions (about 6) or 1/2 cup green onion, chopped (about 6)|
|1/4 cup capers|
|1 teaspoon green olive brine (optional)|
|1 teaspoon black olive juice (optional)|
|1 teaspoon capers brine (optional)|
|1/2 teaspoon sugar (optional)|
- Mix the diced tomato, sliced green and black olives, capers and diced scallions/green onions in a medium size bowl that has a cover. Tupperware/Rubbermaid containers work really well for this.
- Mix the brines/ juices together in a measuring cup.
- Add the sugar and stir until sugar has dissolved.
- Pour over tomato and olives mixture and stir well.
- Cover and refrigerate at least one hour before serving.
- When ready, shake the salad in the container with the lid on or stir it so that the brine mixes in.evenly.
Calories 45.8, FatContent 3.1, SaturatedFatContent 0.4, CholesterolContent 0, SodiumContent 499, CarbohydrateContent 4.8, FiberContent 2, SugarContent 1.5, ProteinContent 1.1
TOMATO OLIVE SALAD RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Provided by: Taste of Home
Total time: 10 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
Yield: 6 servings.
|4 cups torn leaf lettuce|
|1/2 cup cherry tomatoes|
|1/3 cup sliced red onion|
|1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained|
|2 tablespoons canola oil|
|1 tablespoon red wine vinegar|
|1 tablespoon brown sugar|
- In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, tomatoes, onion and olives. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat.
Calories 74 calories, FatContent 6g fat (1g saturated fat), CholesterolContent 0 cholesterol, SodiumContent 98mg sodium, CarbohydrateContent 6g carbohydrate (4g sugars, FiberContent 1g fiber), ProteinContent 1g protein.