OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE-STYLE DARK BREAD RECIPE – FOOD.COM
Total time: 1 hours
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Yield: 2 large loves
|6 3/4 teaspoons active dry yeast (5 teaspoons instant yeast)|
|1/2 cup warm water|
|1 tablespoon sugar|
|1 cup warm water|
|1/2 cup dark molasses|
|2 tablespoons cocoa|
|1 tablespoon salt|
|2 tablespoons oil|
|2 cups rye flour (8 oz.)|
|2 1/2-3 cups all-purpose flour (11.25 – 13.5 oz.)|
- Soften yeast in 1/2 cup warm water.
- Stir in sugar. Let stand 6 minutes or till bubbly.
- (If using instant yeast just stir the yeast and sugar into the flour).
- Meanwhile, in large mixing bowl combine 1 cup (1 1/2 if using instant yeast) warm water with molasses, cocoa, salt, oil, and rye flour. Beat until smooth.
- Add yeast water mixture, stirring to combine (if using active dry yeast).
- Work in all-purpose flour till dough is smooth and no longer sticky, very pliable and elastic.
- Knead a few minutes.
- Let rise till doubled in greased bowl.
- Punch down.
- Shape into 2 large round loaves placed a few inches apart on greased and cornmeal dusted cookie sheet,.
- Spray tops of loaves with cooking spray.
- Cover with towel and place in warm place till doubled.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Score tops of loaves and bake for 30 minutes to 200 degrees or until crust makes a hollow sound when tapped.
- Cool on rack before slicing.
Calories 1377.5, FatContent 18.3, SaturatedFatContent 2.3, CholesterolContent 0, SodiumContent 3536.8, CarbohydrateContent 274, FiberContent 20.9, SugarContent 54.6, ProteinContent 33.7
How to make bread at Outback Steakhouse?
How to make Outback Steakhouse Bread: 1 In the bowl of a stand mixture, dissolve the yeast and 1 Tbsp of sugar in warm water until mixture gets foamy. 2 Whisk in the honey, brown sugar, egg and molasses. 3 Sift in the remaining dry ingredients and knead 10 min over low speed. 4 Divide the dough into 2 equal parts. … More items…
What kind of flour does Outback use for their bread?
This bread is dairy and egg free, just like the Outback Steakhouse bread. It uses molasses, honey, whole wheat flour, and dark cocoa powder to get the signature color and flavor. The soft and fluffy texture is achieved by kneading the dough thoroughly with the dough hook on your stand mixer.
How do you make brown bread in an outback mixer?
And here’s some extra explanation and photos to help you make gorgeous Outback brown bread: You’ll start by placing the warm water, yeast, and sugar in the bowl of your mixer. The water should feel warm to the touch, but not hot. Give it about 10 minutes to let the yeast proof – it will get nice and puffy looking, like this:
Is the bread at Outback vegan?
The bread is not vegan because of the honey used in the recipe. What kind of bread does Outback serve? They serve a dark honey wheat bread that is made sweet by the addition of honey and molasses. The iconic dark color of the loaf comes from 3 ingredients: cocoa powder, molasses, and caramel or brown food coloring.