PASTA AND BROCCOLI SALAD RECIPE | MARTHA STEWART
Provided by: Martha Stewart
Categories: Salad Recipes
Total time: 20 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
|1 cup penne, fusilli, or ziti|
|Salt and pepper|
|2 cups broccoli florets|
|1/4 cup grated Parmesan|
|2 tablespoons olive oil|
|Lemon wedge (optional)|
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water, 7 minutes. Add broccoli; cook until both pasta and broccoli are tender, about 5 minutes. Drain; rinse under cold water.
- In a small bowl, combine pasta, broccoli, Parmesan, and 1/8 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Add olive oil, and toss. If desired, squeeze a lemon wedge over salad just before eating.
BROCCOLI, GRAPE, AND PASTA SALAD RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
Provided by: Southern Living Editors
Categories: Pasta Side Dishes
Total time: 3 hours 30 minutes
Yield: Serves 6 to 8
|1 cup chopped pecans|
|1 pound fresh broccoli|
|1 cup mayonnaise|
|⅓ cup sugar|
|⅓ cup diced red onion|
|⅓ cup red wine vinegar|
|1 teaspoon salt|
|8 ounces bow-tie pasta, cooked (½ of a 16-oz. package)|
|2 cups seedless red grapes, halved|
|8 cooked bacon slices, crumbled|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Bake pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan 5 to 7 minutes or until lightly toasted and fragrant, stirring halfway through.
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, cut broccoli florets from stems, and separate florets into small pieces using tip of a paring knife. Peel away tough outer layer of stems, and finely chop stems.
- Whisk together mayonnaise and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl; add broccoli, hot cooked pasta, and grapes, and stir to coat. Cover and chill 3 hours. Stir bacon and pecans into salad just before serving.
BROCCOLI PASTA SALAD RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Happy On My Hill
Categories: Broccoli Pasta Salad
Total time: 35 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
|1 (8 ounce) package linguine pasta|
|1 (12 ounce) bag broccoli florets, cut into bite-size pieces|
|¼ cup olive oil|
|4 teaspoons minced garlic|
|½ teaspoon red pepper flakes|
|½ cup finely shredded Romano cheese|
|2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley|
|¼ teaspoon ground black pepper|
|salt to taste|
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil; cook the linguine at a boil until tender yet firm to the bite, about 11 minutes; drain and return to pot.
- Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Add broccoli, cover, and steam until tender, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a small saucepan over medium heat; cook and stir garlic and red pepper flakes until garlic is fragrant, 1 to 3 minutes. Add garlic mixture and broccoli to linguine; gently toss to coat. Add Romano cheese, parsley, black pepper, and salt; toss to combine.
Calories 275.3 calories, CarbohydrateContent 32.2 g, CholesterolContent 10.3 mg, FatContent 12.8 g, FiberContent 2.9 g, ProteinContent 9.9 g, SaturatedFatContent 3.2 g, SodiumContent 141 mg, SugarContent 2.3 g