PEPPERONI PIZZA CAKE RECIPE – PILLSBURY.COM
Provided by: Shawn Syphus
Total time: 1 hours 10 minutes
Prep time: 40 minutes
|2 cans (13.8 oz) refrigerated Pillsbury™ Classic Crust Pizza Crust|
|1 1/2 cups Muir Glen™ organic pizza sauce (from 15-oz can)|
|3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (12 oz)|
|1 cup sliced pepperoni|
|1 tablespoon butter, if desired|
- Heat oven to 400°F. Lightly spray large cookie sheet with cooking spray or drizzle with olive oil.
- Measure diameter of tall-sided ovenproof pan. (Pan used was 6-inch in diameter with 4-inch high side.) Unroll 1 can of dough onto work surface; press out into thin layer. Cut out 3 (6-inch) rounds; place on cookie sheet. Bake 8 minutes. Remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack; cool.
- Unroll remaining can of dough; cut 2 additional (6-inch) rounds from long edge of dough, leaving opposite side untouched. Place rounds on cooled cookie sheet. Bake 8 minutes. Remove from cookie sheet; cool.
- Meanwhile, line pan with cooking parchment paper so that ends of paper stick up and out of pan. Cut long strip of dough at least 1/2 inch wider than height of pan. Carefully drape long strip of dough around inside edge of pan to line, leaving 1/2 inch hanging over outside edge of pan and bottom of pan open. Pinch seam to seal.
- Carefully place 1 partially baked crust round in bottom of pan. Spread pizza sauce over crust; top with pepperoni slices and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese (when cheese melts, crust above will stick to it). Repeat to make 3 more layers. For top layer, place last crust over cheese; sprinkle with remaining cheese and arrange remaining pepperoni on top.
- Fold overhanging dough over top layer of pizza cake to make a raised crust edge.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until dough around pizza cake is fully cooked. (To test, carefully pull up parchment paper to raise pizza cake out of pan.) Once completely baked, cool in pan 5 minutes. Remove pizza cake from pan; brush crust with butter. Use sharp knife to cut slices like you would a cake.
Calories 620 , CarbohydrateContent 72 g, CholesterolContent 55 mg, FatContent 1 , FiberContent 2 g, ProteinContent 28 g, SaturatedFatContent 10 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, SodiumContent 1700 mg, SugarContent 12 g, TransFatContent 1/2 g
PIZZA CAKE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Provided by: Taste of Home
Total time: 35 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Yield: 2 cakes (8 servings each).
|1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)|
|1 cup vanilla frosting|
|Red liquid or paste food coloring|
|3 ounces white baking chocolate, grated|
|2 strawberry Fruit Roll-Ups|
- Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Pour the batter into two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. , Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 18-20 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely., Place each cake on a 10-in. serving platter. Combine frosting and food coloring; spread over top of each cake to within 1/2 in. of edges. Sprinkle with grated chocolate for cheese. , Unroll Fruit Roll-Ups; use a 1-1/2 in. round cutter to cut into circles for pepperoni. Arrange on cakes.
Calories 277 calories, FatContent 11g fat (4g saturated fat), CholesterolContent 35mg cholesterol, SodiumContent 285mg sodium, CarbohydrateContent 43g carbohydrate (28g sugars, FiberContent 0 fiber), ProteinContent 2g protein.
How to make a perfect pizza dough?
Put in a couple of pizza stones, or 2 large baking trays, to get really hot. Mix the flour, yeast, salt and sugar together in a mixing bowl. Make a well in the centre and add the oil, then add about 225ml water to bring together as a dough. Tip out onto a floured surface and knead for 1 minute, just until smooth.
What do you put on top of pizza for a cake?
If you like sausage on your pizza, mix chocolate cake crumbs with a bit of frosting—like you would for cake pops —and sprinkle the small crumbles on top of the pizza cake. Can you make pizza cake ahead of time? If you don’t have time to bake and decorate this pizza cake on April Fool’s Day, you can make it a day ahead of time.
Do I need Dowling to make a pizza cake?
For a three-layer cake or more, you might need dowling (long sticks) to support the layers. Here is a great explanation on how to dowel a cake. If you have any questions about changing the quantities, just ask! Can I make this pizza cake in individual cupcakes?
What is a pizza cake?
This pizza cake features layers of cheese and pepperoni piled high in a hearty crust. This is like the ultimate deep-dish pizza. Pizza is always a hit in our house whether it’s takeout, Homemade or just Pizzadillas. This Pepperoni Pizza Cake takes pizza to the next level. Seriously this is epic!