YUMMY PORK NOODLE CASSEROLE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: cjscott
Categories: Pork Recipes
Total time: 1 hours 0 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
|2 cups egg noodles|
|3 tablespoons butter|
|¼ cup chopped onion|
|¼ cup chopped celery|
|¼ cup chopped carrots|
|¼ cup chopped red bell pepper|
|3 cups cubed cooked pork|
|2 (10.5 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup|
|2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese|
|1 (8 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained|
|½ cup sour cream, or more to taste|
|1 teaspoon salt|
|¼ teaspoon ground black pepper|
|½ cup dry bread crumbs|
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9×13-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rapid boil. Cook egg noodles at a boil until tender yet firm to the bite, 7 to 9 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in onion, celery, carrots, and red bell pepper; cook and stir until onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in egg noodles, cooked pork, condensed soup, cheese, corn, sour cream, salt, and pepper. Transfer mixture to the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle bread crumbs on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until bubbly, 30 to 35 minutes.
Calories 579.6 calories, CarbohydrateContent 32.9 g, CholesterolContent 142.2 mg, FatContent 32.9 g, FiberContent 2 g, ProteinContent 38.2 g, SaturatedFatContent 17.2 g, SodiumContent 1575.1 mg, SugarContent 3.6 g
SLOW COOKER PORK CASSEROLE RECIPE | BBC GOOD FOOD
Provided by: Cassie Best
Categories: Dinner, Main course, Supper
Total time: 8 hours 15 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 8 hours
|1 tbsp vegetable or rapeseed oil|
|4 pork shoulder steaks (about 750g), cut into large chunks|
|1 onion, chopped|
|1 leek, chopped|
|1 carrot, chopped|
|bundle of woody herbs (bouquet garni) – we used 2 bay leaves, 3 sage leaves and 4 thyme sprigs, plus a few thyme leaves to serve|
|1 chicken stock cube|
|2 tsp Dijon mustard|
|1 tbsp cider vinegar|
|2 tsp cornflour|
|1 tbsp honey|
- Heat your slow cooker. Drizzle the oil in a wide frying pan over a high heat. Season the pork, then add to the hot pan. Avoid overcrowding the meat – you may want to do this in batches. Cook until deep brown all over, then transfer to the slow cooker. Add the onion and leeks to the frying pan and cook for a few mins, until they soften. Add a splash of water and scrape any tasty bits from the bottom, then tip everything into the slow cooker. Add the carrot, herbs, stock cube, mustard and vinegar, season, then add enough water to just cover the ingredients. Stir, then set your slow cooker on low for 6-8 hrs, or high for 5-6 hrs.
- In a saucepan, mix the cornflour and honey with 1-2 tsp of liquid from the slow cooker, until you have a smooth paste. Add 100ml more liquid, bring to a simmer until thickened, then stir back into the casserole. Serve with mash or dumplings, scattered with thyme leaves.
Calories 416 calories, FatContent 21 grams fat, SaturatedFatContent 6 grams saturated fat, CarbohydrateContent 13 grams carbohydrates, SugarContent 10 grams sugar, FiberContent 4 grams fiber, ProteinContent 41 grams protein, SodiumContent 1.2 milligram of sodium