PORK LOIN WITH FIG AND PORT SAUCE RECIPE | GIADA DE LAURENTIIS …
Provided by: Giada De Laurentiis Bio & Top Recipes
Total time: 1 hours 0 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
|2 1/2 cups port|
|1 1/4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth|
|8 dried black Mission figs, coarsely chopped|
|2 sprigs fresh rosemary|
|2 cinnamon sticks|
|1 tablespoon honey|
|3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces|
|Salt and freshly ground black pepper|
|2 tablespoons olive oil|
|2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary leaves|
|1 tablespoon salt, plus additional for seasoning|
|1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper, plus additional for seasoning|
|1 cup canned low-salt chicken broth|
|1 (4 to 4 1/2-pound) boneless pork loin|
- For the sauce: In a heavy medium saucepan, combine the first 6 ingredients. Boil over medium-high heat until reduced by half, about 30 minutes. Discard the herb sprigs and cinnamon sticks (some of the rosemary leaves will remain in the port mixture). Transfer the port mixture to a blender and puree until smooth. Blend in the butter. Season the sauce, to taste, with salt and pepper. (The sauce can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Rewarm over medium heat before using.)
- For the pork: Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Stir the oil, rosemary, 1 tablespoon salt and 1 1/2 teaspoons pepper in a small bowl to blend. Place the pork loin in a heavy roasting pan. Spread the oil mixture over the pork to coat completely. Roast until an instant read meat thermometer inserted into the center of the pork registers 145 degrees F, turning the pork every 15 minutes to ensure even browning, about 45 minutes total.
- Transfer the pork to a cutting board and tent with foil to keep warm. Let the pork rest 15 minutes. Meanwhile, stir the chicken broth into the roasting pan. Place the pan over medium heat, and scrape the bottom of the pan to remove any browned bits. Bring the pan juices to a simmer. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Using a large sharp knife, cut the pork crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Arrange the pork slices on plates. Spoon the jus over. Drizzle the warm fig sauce around and serve immediately.
How to cook pork loin chops with fig sauce?
Cook over medium heat about 10 minutes, stirring often and mashing the figs until the sauce is thickened. Return pork loin chops to the pan, along with any juices that have accumulated on the platter, and coat both sides with sauce. Simmer for 2 minutes. Serve pork loin chops with the fig sauce.
What is the best way to cook a pork loin?
Sprinkle pork with rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper. Heat a large, oven-safe skillet (I used a cast iron) with olive oil over medium heat. Add pork. Cook pork for 10 minutes, turning halfway to brown each side. Place the skillet in the oven and bake pork in the preheated oven for 30 – 50 minutes or until a meat thermometer registers 145 degrees.
How do you cook pork tenderloin with jam?
Let pork stand for a few minutes before cutting. Meanwhile, add jam to the same skillet. Add vinegar and salt, stir frequently and cook on low heat for 5-8 minutes or until jam has thinned out or until desired consistency. Slice pork and serve with sauce.
What kind of sauce do you put on a pork loin roast?
Oven Roasted Pork Loin with Balsamic Fig Sauce – a delicious roasted pork loin full of flavor and juiciness! This pork loin is layered with some savory ingredients like thyme, rosemary, garlic and bacon… then served with the most amazing sweet and savory fig balsamic sauce.