TURMERIC-CUMIN MARGARITA RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
Provided by: Rachel Gurjar
Total time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Yield: Makes 1
|1 tsp. Diamond Crystal or ½ tsp. Morton kosher salt|
|½ tsp. cumin seeds|
|1½ oz. tequila blanco|
|1 oz. fresh lime juice|
|½ oz. agave nectar|
|½ oz. triple sec|
|½ tsp. ground turmeric|
|Lime wedge and mint sprig (for serving)|
|A spice mill or mortar and pestle|
- Coarsely grind salt and cumin seeds in a spice mill or with a mortar and pestle. Transfer to a small plate.
- Fill a shallow bowl with water. Dip rim of a rocks glass or margarita glass in water, then dip in cumin salt. Fill glass with ice and set aside.
- Combine tequila, lime juice, agave, triple sec, and turmeric in a cocktail shaker. Fill shaker with ice and shake until outside of shaker is frosty, about 20 seconds. Strain into reserved glass. Garnish cocktail with a lime wedge and mint sprigs.
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER WITH CUMIN AND TURMERIC RECIPE BY TASTY
Provided by: Pierce Abernathy
Yield: 4 servings
|1 head cauliflower, divided into florets|
|1 tablespoon olive oil|
|2 teaspoons cumin|
|1 teaspoon turmeric|
|½ teaspoon chili powder|
|1 teaspoon salt|
- Preheat oven to 450˚F (220˚C).
- In a mixing bowl combine the cauliflower, olive oil, cumin, turmeric, chili powder, and salt and mix with tongs until evenly coated.
- Place seasoned cauliflower on parchment lined baking sheet and roast in preheated oven for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
Calories 80 calories, CarbohydrateContent 9 grams, FatContent 4 grams, FiberContent 3 grams, ProteinContent 3 grams, SugarContent 3 grams
SHEET-PAN CHICKEN WITH CHICKPEAS, CUMIN AND TURMERIC RECIPE …
Provided by: Alison Roman
Total time: 1 hours
Yield: 4 servings
|1 (3 1/2 to 4 pound) chicken, cut into parts (alternatively, 3 to 3 1/2 pounds of bone-in, skin-on chicken parts, such as breasts, thighs and legs)|
|Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper|
|1 1/2 cups full-fat Greek yogurt, divided|
|5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided|
|2 teaspoons ground turmeric, divided|
|2 (15-ounce) cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed|
|1 tablespoon fennel seed|
|1 teaspoon ground cumin|
|1 large red onion, thinly sliced, divided|
|2 tablespoons olive oil|
|1/2 cup mint or cilantro leaves, torn|
- Season chicken parts with salt and pepper.
- Combine 3/4 cup yogurt, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 1 teaspoon turmeric and 2 tablespoons water in a large bowl. Season well with salt and pepper. (It should be on the salty side, as this is a marinade.) Add chicken and toss to coat evenly. Let sit at least 30 minutes at room temperature, and up to overnight in the refrigerator.
- Place oven rack on the top third of the oven and heat to 425 degrees.
- Combine chickpeas, fennel seed, cumin, remaining teaspoon of turmeric and half the red onion slices on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and toss to coat.
- Move chickpeas to the outer edges of the baking sheet. Scrape any excess marinade off the chicken, and place the chicken parts in the center. Place baking sheet in oven and bake, tossing chickpeas occasionally, until the skin of the chicken is evenly browned and the chickpeas are golden and starting to crisp, 45 to 50 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss remaining onion slices with 2 tablespoons lemon juice and season with salt and pepper; set aside.
- Combine remaining yogurt with remaining 1 tablespoon lemon juice and season with salt and pepper; set aside.
- Once chicken is ready, scatter with lemony onions and mint or cilantro. Serve with seasoned yogurt alongside as a sauce.
@context http//schema.org, Calories 1108, UnsaturatedFatContent 36 grams, CarbohydrateContent 60 grams, FatContent 62 grams, FiberContent 16 grams, ProteinContent 78 grams, SaturatedFatContent 18 grams, SodiumContent 1896 milligrams, SugarContent 14 grams, TransFatContent 0 grams
PARSNIP GRATIN WITH TURMERIC AND CUMIN RECIPE – NYT COOKING
Provided by: David Tanis
Total time: 1 hours
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
|3 pounds parsnips|
|Salt and pepper|
|2 tablespoons butter, for greasing dish|
|2 cups heavy cream|
|½ teaspoon turmeric|
|½ teaspoon toasted and ground cumin|
|Pinch of cayenne|
|4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled|
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Peel parsnips and quarter lengthwise. With a paring knife, remove and discard hard central core. Cut parsnips into 3-inch batons. Parboil for 2 minutes, then drain and spread out on a baking sheet to cool briefly.
- Butter a 9-by-12-inch shallow earthenware baking dish. Arrange parsnips in dish in one layer. Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Whisk together cream, turmeric and cumin. Season with salt and pepper and add a small pinch of cayenne.
- Pour cream mixture over parsnips and sprinkle with feta. Bake for about 30 minutes, until bubbling and nicely browned.
@context http//schema.org, Calories 532, UnsaturatedFatContent 12 grams, CarbohydrateContent 45 grams, FatContent 38 grams, FiberContent 11 grams, ProteinContent 7 grams, SaturatedFatContent 24 grams, SodiumContent 770 milligrams, SugarContent 14 grams, TransFatContent 0 grams