BEST ROAST BEEF RECIPE – HOW TO COOK PERFECT ROAST BEEF IN THE OVEN
Provided by: DELISH.COM
Categories: dairy-free,gluten-free,nut-free,Paleo Diet,dinner party,dinner,main dish,meat
Total time: 4 hours 10 minutes
Prep time: 2 hours 10 minutes
Cook time: 0S
Yield: 8 servings
|1 (4-lb.) round roast|
|1/4 c. extra-virgin olive oil|
|3 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 tbsp. chopped fresh rosemary|
|1 tbsp. chopped fresh thyme leaves|
|2 tsp. kosher salt|
|1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper|
- Recommended: let roast sit uncovered on a wire rack set in a baking sheet in the refrigerator 1 hour, up to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 450°. In a small bowl, combine oil, garlic, rosemary, thyme, salt, and pepper. Rub all over roast.
- Place roast in roasting pan fitted with a roasting rack. Roast for 15 minutes, then reduce heat to 325° and roast 1 hours 45 minutes more for medium, or 2 hours for medium well done.
- Remove from oven and let rest 15 to 30 minutes before serving.
ALL AMERICAN ROAST BEEF RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: RCP80
Total time: 1 hours 20 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 1 hours 0 minutes
|3 pounds beef eye of round roast, at room temperature|
|½ teaspoon kosher salt, or more to taste|
|½ teaspoon garlic powder, or more to taste|
|¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or more to taste|
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Make sure roast is at room temperature. Tie roast at 3-inch intervals with cotton twine; this helps it from drying out and allows it to cook more evenly. Place roast on a rack in a baking pan.
- Mix together salt, garlic powder, and pepper in a small bowl. Rub seasoning mixture into the meat.
- Place in the preheated oven and roast for 60 minutes, or 20 minutes per pound if your roast is larger or smaller. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 120 to 125 degrees F (49 to 52 degrees C).
- Remove from the oven and transfer to a cutting board. Cover loosely with foil, and let rest so juices can redistribute, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Slice and serve.
Calories 484.1 calories, CarbohydrateContent 0.2 g, CholesterolContent 138.3 mg, FatContent 32.4 g, ProteinContent 44.8 g, SaturatedFatContent 12.9 g, SodiumContent 271.2 mg, SugarContent 0.1 g
HIGH TEMPERATURE EYE-OF-ROUND ROAST RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Lyn N Barbour
Total time: 3 hours 5 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 3 hours 0 minutes
|1 (3 pound) beef eye of round roast|
|salt and pepper to taste|
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F (260 degrees C).
- Season roast with salt and pepper; place in a roasting pan or baking dish. Do not cover or add water.
- Place roast in the preheated oven and reduce temperature to 475 degrees F (245 degrees C). Roast for 21 minutes (7 minutes per pound), then turn off the oven and let roast sit in the hot oven for 2 1/2 hours. Do not open the door at all during this time.
- Remove roast from the oven and check that the internal temperature is at least 145 degrees F (65 degrees C). Carve into thin slices to serve.
Calories 227.1 calories, CholesterolContent 71.4 mg, FatContent 12.6 g, ProteinContent 26.6 g, SaturatedFatContent 4.9 g, SodiumContent 58.5 mg