RUNZA CASSEROLE FOR TWO RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: OneHotKitchen
Total time: 1 hours 55 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
|1 ½ cups all-purpose flour, or as needed|
|¼ cup butter, softened|
|2 tablespoons white sugar|
|1 ¼ teaspoons active dry yeast|
|½ teaspoon salt|
|½ cup warm water|
|1 pound ground beef|
|1 onion, chopped|
|1 small head cabbage, cored and shredded|
|1 tablespoon garlic powder, or to taste|
|salt and ground black pepper to taste|
|4 slices process cheese food (such as Velveeta®), or to taste|
- Mix flour, butter, sugar, yeast, and salt together in a large bowl; pour in warm water. Stir mixture into a soft ball. Roll dough out on a floured surface; knead until dough is elastic, 3 to 4 minutes. Place dough in a bowl and cover with a towel; allow to rise in a warm and dry area, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir beef and onion in the hot skillet until beef is browned and crumbly, 5 to 10 minutes; drain and discard grease. Add cabbage; cook until cabbage is steamed and wilted, about 10 minutes. Season with garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Split dough in half. Roll each piece to fit an 8×8-inch baking dish. Press one of the crusts into the bottom and up the sides of the baking dish. Spoon hamburger mixture into crust; cover with cheese slices. Cover cheese layer with second crust; pinch edges of both crust together to seal.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned, about 20 minutes. Cover casserole with aluminum foil and bake until filling is hot, about 10 minutes more. Allow to sit for about 5 minutes before cutting.
Calories 1348.4 calories, CarbohydrateContent 114.8 g, CholesterolContent 256.2 mg, FatContent 69.6 g, FiberContent 13.3 g, ProteinContent 67.5 g, SaturatedFatContent 36.8 g, SodiumContent 1792.2 mg, SugarContent 27.8 g
RUNZA CASSEROLE | JUST A PINCH RECIPES
Provided by: Karen Petree @kpetree
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
|2 pound(s) hamburger|
|2 – finely chopped onions|
|4 cup(s) fresh chopped cabbage|
|– salt and pepper, to taste|
|2 package(s) refrigerated crescent rolls|
|1 pound(s) shredded mozzarella cheese|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread one tube of crescent rolls into the bottom of a 9x13x2 pan and bake 7 minutes or until brown.
- While that is in the oven, brown the hamburger and onion in a skillet.
***Now is the time to add your choice of a thickener if you would prefer more of a gravy texture***
- Drain the grease from the hamburger and add the cabbage. Let it steam for a few minutes.
- Add the salt and pepper.
- Spread the hamburger/cabbage mix into the pan on top of the baked crescent dough.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top of the meat mixture.
- Spread the 2nd tube of crescent rolls over the top of the cheese.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, covering with foil the last 10 minutes to soften the crust.
RUNZA CASSEROLE –
Provided by: Aleksa
Total time: 60 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
|2 pounds hamburger|
|2 finely chopped onions|
|4 with fresh chopped zucchini|
|salt and pepper to taste|
|2 pkg refrigerated crescent rolls|
|1 lb shredded mozzarella cheese|
- Heat oil in a pan. Add the minced meat and fry constantly stirring until brown.
- Add chopped onion to the sautéed minced meat. Mix and cook for 2 minutes over medum heat until the onions soften.
- Cut the zucchini into a small cube, add to the pan. Mix, cover and simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- Drain the excess liquid from the pan, salt, pepper and mix everything.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease the baking dish with oil and line it with one sheet of dough. You can roll out the dough a little wider than your shape and make small sides. So the casserole will keep in shape.
- Bake the dough in the oven for about 7 minutes. Then put a mixture of minced meat and vegetables on top of the dough.
- Grate mozzarella and sprinkle on top.
- Put the second layer of dough on the casserole, cover with a sheet of foil and bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes. 10 minutes before the end of cooking, remove the foil so that the crust can brown.
RUNZAS RECIPE – FOOD.COM
Total time: 50 minutes
Prep time: 35 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Yield: 6-8 serving(s)
|2 cups Bisquick|
|1/3 cup diced onion|
|1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup|
|2/3 cup milk|
|1 cup cabbage, chopped medium fine|
|1 lb hamburger, browned|
|1 teaspoon salt|
- After hamburger has been browned, add in cabbage and onions.
- Cook until veggies start to soften.
- Add in soup and salt, mix well.
- Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine Bisquick and milk to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto floured surface and knead 10 times.
- Roll into 16 X 8 inch rectangle and cut into 6-8 equal pieces.
- Fill each piece of dough with hamburger mixture and fold in all sides to seal.
- Pinch edges together well to ensure that it seals.
- Place on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until dough is golden brown.
- Serve with mushroom or country gravy spooned over the top.
Calories 382.6, FatContent 18.8, SaturatedFatContent 6.2, CholesterolContent 55.3, SodiumContent 1291.7, CarbohydrateContent 31.6, FiberContent 1.2, SugarContent 6.2, ProteinContent 20.8