BAKED SALMON WITH LEMON AND THYME RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
Provided by: The Bon Appétit Test Kitchen
Total time: 35 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Yield: Serves 4
|1½ tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided|
|4 (6-to 8-ounce) boneless salmon fillets, skin on|
|1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme|
|Zest of 1 lemon|
|Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper|
|4 lemon wedges (for serving)|
- Preheat oven to 275°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. Brush with ½ tablespoon oil. Place salmon fillets, skin side down, on prepared baking sheet. Mix remaining oil, thyme, and lemon zest in a small bowl. Spread thyme mixture over salmon fillets, dividing equally. Season with salt and pepper. Let stand 10 minutes to allow flavors to meld.
- Bake salmon until just opaque in center, 15-18 minutes. Serve with lemon wedges.
BAKED MUSTARD-CRUSTED SALMON WITH ASPARAGUS AND TARRAGON RECIPE
Provided by: Rhoda Boone
Total time: 22 minutes
Cook time: 8 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
|1 bunch thin asparagus (about 1 pound), trimmed|
|3 tablespoons olive oil, divided|
|3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided|
|1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided|
|4 (6-ounce) skin-on salmon fillets|
|8 teaspoons country-style or whole-grain Dijon mustard|
|3 tablespoons panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)|
|1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika|
|2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon|
- Preheat oven to 275°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Toss asparagus with 2 Tbsp. oil, 1/2 tsp. salt, and 1/4 tsp. pepper on prepared sheet, then arrange in a single layer on one half of baking sheet. Bake asparagus 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, spread each salmon fillet with 2 tsp. mustard. Sprinkle fillets with 1/4 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper total. Toss panko with remaining 1 Tbsp. oil in a small bowl. Sprinkle panko mixture evenly onto salmon fillets, then dust with smoked paprika.
- After asparagus has baked for 5 minutes, remove baking sheet from oven. Place prepared salmon fillets skin side down on empty half of baking sheet. Return to oven and bake until salmon is firm but still pink in the center and asparagus is tender, 14–16 minutes more for medium rare salmon. Divide salmon and asparagus among four plates and top with tarragon.
YOGURT AND SPICE ROASTED SALMON RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
Provided by: Sabrina Ghayour
Yield: 4 servings
|500g skinless salmon fillet, cut into 4cm cubes|
|4 tablespoons Greek yogurt|
|1 tablespoon garlic granules|
|1 heaped tablespoon rose harissa|
|1 teaspoon ground turmeric|
|1 teaspoon paprika|
|Finely grated zest of 1 unwaxed lime and a good squeeze of juice|
|1 teaspoon olive oil|
|Generous amount of Maldon sea salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper|
|Finely sliced onion|
- Preheat your oven to its highest setting (with fan if it has one). Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Mix all the marinade ingredients together in a mixing bowl. Add the salmon and turn until well coated in the marinade.
- Spread the salmon out on the prepared baking tray and roast for 10 minutes until cooked through. Remove from the oven and serve immediately with tortilla wraps, tomatoes, finely sliced onion, coriander leaves and Greek yogurt.
BROILED SALMON WITH SCALLIONS AND SESAME RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
Provided by: The Bon Appétit Test Kitchen
Yield: Serves 3
|2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced|
|3 tablespoons fresh lime juice|
|2 tablespoons soy sauce|
|2 teaspoons honey|
|1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons vegetable oil|
|1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds, plus more for serving|
|3 (8-ounce) skin-on center-cut salmon fillets|
|1 bunch scallions|
|1 Fresno chile, thinly sliced|
- Whisk garlic, lime juice, soy sauce, honey, 1 Tbsp. oil, and 1/2 tsp. sesame seeds in a small bowl. Season salmon fillets with salt and place in a resealable plastic bag; add half of marinade. Seal bag, pressing out air, and let salmon sit 30 minutes. Reserve remaining marinade.
- Preheat broiler. Toss scallions with remaining 2 tsp. oil on sizzle platter; broil until lightly charred, about 3 minutes. Remove salmon from marinade and set on top of scallions. Spoon some reserved marinade over and broil until salmon is charred around edges, about 6 minutes (watch closely to keep from burning). Spoon more marinade over; top with chile. Broil until salmon is charred and medium-rare at thickest part, about 2 minutes. Sprinkle with more sesame seeds.
GRILLED SALMON IN FOIL WITH HERBY GARLIC BUTTER RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
Provided by: Rachel Gurjar
Total time: 36 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Yield: 2 Servings
|1 Tbsp. honey|
|1½ tsp. Diamond Crystal or 1 tsp. Morton kosher salt|
|1 tsp. finely grated lemon zest|
|6 garlic cloves, finely chopped|
|4 Tbsp. unsalted butter, room temperature|
|2 Tbsp. finely chopped dill, plus more for serving|
|1 (1 lb.) boneless salmon fillet, preferably skin-on|
|4 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice, divided|
- Prepare a grill for medium heat. Whisk 1 Tbsp. honey, 1½ tsp. Diamond Crystal or 1 tsp. Morton kosher salt, and 1 tsp. finely grated lemon zest in a small bowl to combine. Add 6 garlic cloves, finely chopped, 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter, room temperature, and 2 Tbsp. finely chopped dill and whisk again to combine (some lemon zest may remain separate and that’s okay).
- Tear off a large piece of foil according to the length and thickness of salmon (15×15″ or larger) and place on a rimmed baking sheet. Place one 1 lb. boneless salmon fillet, preferably skin-on, arranging skin side down if skin is on, in center of foil (the skin will stick slightly to foil and brown while the fish cooks; you want this as it will add to the sauce). Spread garlic butter over fish, then drizzle 3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice on top. Carefully fold one side of foil up and over fish so lemon juice stays contained, then bring other sides up to meet it and fold together to seal, leaving about a 4″ opening on top for steam to escape (this will help sauce reduce a bit).
- Place foil packet on grate and grill fish until opaque throughout and firm, 16–20 minutes. Transfer packet to a cutting board and let fish rest 5 minutes.
- Carefully open foil packet and cut fish in half. Transfer to plates; pour juices from packet over. Drizzle fish with remaining 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice, dividing evenly, and top with more finely chopped dill.